Upcoming games you're looking forward to

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
A few months ago? I believe I did. Code Veronica is what I want next (and wanted before RE4) and then they can go back and re-do Zero or 1 do 1 again in the new style.

What about the 5 ? Just for the coop i hope they make it

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
What did you find boring ?

It's a pretty large deviation from survival horror in general and plays more like a third person action shooter. It isn't particularly challenging, there aren't any real puzzles to do, resource management is incredibly easy, and the availability of the merchant makes the whole thing significantly easier. The story itself isn't as dark or scary as the predecessors either. I've played 11 hours of the game so far and haven't used any guns other than the pistol, with zero problem.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Got you on the first part, at least lately they seems to want to return to their root in a way, didnt play the remake of the 4, will probably buy it when the price will reduce, as a fan of the older RE, would you recommand Village ?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Got you on the first part, at least lately they seems to want to return to their root in a way, didnt play the remake of the 4, will probably buy it when the price will reduce, as a fan of the older RE, would you recommand Village ?

Village was a decent bridge between the style of 4 and the older games + 7. It was fun for a single playthrough for me. I haven't gone back to play any of the DLC stuff though, but I'm not opposed to doing that at some point (it didn't feel like a slog). 7 Is the best new entry to the series they've made.

Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
My most anticipated games lately have been Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield. I have no idea how I'm going to play both in the next couple months....

...did they really have to put them back to back? :laugh:

Also:

-Frostpunk 2
-Hades 2

I'd also mention my persistent hope in BioWare's upcoming projects if I wasn't pretty sure EA already killed them and didn't tell us yet....

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

Black Myth: Wukong
Back in August 2020 Chinese indie studio Game Science released a 13 minute pre-alpha trailer for this game out of nowhere to great fanfare. The game is based on Sun Wukong, the Monkey King, from the 16th century epic Journey to the West and is loosely described as a "souls-like" game.

I'm cautiously excited for this game. Being a very small studio, it is of course taking quite a long time to make the game. The developers have been mostly forthcoming with the development and some of the challenges they've faced, which is refreshing.

The game appears to be heavily focused on re-telling the many stories of The Monkey King and his quests and battles. There's an absolute WEALTH of lore for them to pull from and a long laundry list of different skills at Wukong's disposal so there's no excuse for this game to be lacking in abilities or story depth.

As far as I know this is the most recent gameplay that we've been privy to. The game was originally slated for release in August 2023, however the release date has been pushed back to Summer 2024.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Blasphemous 2 comes out shortly, first one was very good. Sea of Stars comes to both PS Plus and Game Pass on day 1 and looks like Chrono Trigger esque JRPG from the team that made The Messenger. Announced today that once you finish the main story in Like a Dragon Gaiden you unlock a short demo for Infinite Wealth.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Blasphemous 2 comes out shortly, first one was very good. Sea of Stars comes to both PS Plus and Game Pass on day 1 and looks like Chrono Trigger esque JRPG from the team that made The Messenger. Announced today that once you finish the main story in Like a Dragon Gaiden you unlock a short demo for Infinite Wealth.
I've started the first one like 3 times. The world building was fantastic, but something was off about the combat and especially the platforming for me.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Okay so it does seem like it's basically a character action version of Monster Hunter.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I've started the first one like 3 times. The world building was fantastic, but something was off about the combat and especially the platforming for me.
Same. It looks and sounds great, and the presentation is really cool, but the movement/responsiveness feels really clunky to me.

Qurpiz

Nudes in bio
Nov 5, 2006
Skate 4 that seems to be in development
Burning Lands (Hell Let Loose in 'Nam)
Starfield I guess since I got a key for it with my new processor

Also rain in iRacing. It will be a shitshow.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Anyone else thinking this could be one of the best Falls for gaming we have had in a while. Obviosuly it's too early to tell but it's shaping up to be a good one.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Agreed. The character just felt heavy. I know he is a character wearing heavy armor but it felt too stiff and clumsy.

I bought and finished the first game but i won't be touching the second one.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
RGG released some new videos for Infinite Wealth and it looks awesome. Late January is the date. Between that and Rebirth at the end of February, 2024 is starting off strong

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
In the next six months?

Star Ocean Second Story Remake
Super Mario RPG Remake
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Six months and beyond?

Final Fantasy Tactics Remake (hoping that is announced soon)
Pokemon Let's go Silver/Gold (also hoping that is announced soon)
GTA VI

Reactions: WeThreeKings

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

I'm getting 5 of these. Hope Dragon's Dogma 2 doesn't come out in February, too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just tried the beta for Enshrouded and it's grabbed my attention. I'll play a bit more and see if it's still interesting.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Is anyone playing assassin’s creed Mirage? If so, hat do you think of it?

I normally preorder new assassins creed games but i decided to wait on this one. Personally, I liked the open world assassins creed games. I enjoyed the older assassins creed games too but I like the big open world AC games better. (maybe I’m in the minority though?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad