Upcoming games you're looking forward to

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2.

Hurry the hell up. Grrrrr.

I absolutely loved the first but from what I've read on the second, the development has been an absolute mess where they changed leads fairly late in development and it's probably going to make the game suffer as a whole. IIRC, it was also someone who was involved with the original and they changed it to somebody completely new to the franchise. I hope it turns out well but I'm definitely going to wait for reviews and probably end up waiting for a steep discount unless the reviews are amazing. If it wasn't for how bad the development has gone so far, I probably would have still bought it early even if the reviews were sub par just so I can relive the universe again.

Is this actually ever going to happen? I just assumed it’s not.
They actually released a new trailer a month ago with a general Fall 2024 release date. Still a year away but it's something considering everyone thought the game was dead for a while now:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This Elden Ring DLC needs to get here. I wanna throw lightning bolts at Miquella’s head and whoop Godwyn already.
Although Elden Ring wasn't my favorite FromSoft game, I'm still pumped for it given FromSoft's reputation for DLC's. Bloodborne's DLC bosses were so good I'd call Bloodborne incomplete without the DLC.

The rumor I've heard is that they are going to announce at the Game Awards that it will be released in February.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Anyone in here getting the new LOTR survival game Return to Moria? Im pretty sure its a EGS exclusive which stinks but seems interesting.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
In the next six months?

Star Ocean Second Story Remake
Super Mario RPG Remake
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth

Six months and beyond?

Final Fantasy Tactics Remake (hoping that is announced soon)
Pokemon Let's go Silver/Gold (also hoping that is announced soon)
GTA VI
Has there actually be talk of a final fantasy tactics remake?!

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Yes. It's been somewhat confirmed by various leaks and legitimate sources in gaming.
Wow wow wow wow

Been hoping for this for the longest time. Have been fighting a kidney stone all week and this helped put a huge smile on my face. Amazing!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The next Subnautica game (which doesn't have a name yet) has been confirmed for early 2025. Of course, Subnautica: Sub Zero was a year or two late, so I don't have much confidence in the next game coming out in early 2025, but it's definitely coming.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
After just finishing Spider-Man 2, obviously Wolverine (hopefully it makes it's targetted release window). I would love to find out more about the Indiana Jones game but that seems quite far away. I'm planning to finish up FF VII remake soon, and if so, I'll probably get FF VII Rebirth at launch.

Seems a lot of the studios I care about don't really have anything announced at the moment, but hopefully we find out something soon on them (Nintendo's 3D Mario team, Sucker Punch, and iD Software).

Edit: Don't know how I forgot this, but I am beyond hyped for Hades 2, hopefully The Game Awards gives us an early access date for PC. Absolutely a day-one buy for me. Supergiant are an incredible team.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertmac43

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Are we sure the rumored FFT is a FULL REMAKE and not just a remaster?

I was under the assumption that the FF9 project was a full remake, whereas the FFT project was a nice remaster plus PC release, similar to what they did for Tactics Ogre.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Are we sure the rumored FFT is a FULL REMAKE and not just a remaster?

I was under the assumption that the FF9 project was a full remake, whereas the FFT project was a nice remaster plus PC release, similar to what they did for Tactics Ogre.
I've seen them both get called "Remake" but I don't think the leaks themselves ever specified too much.

I do think if it was a remaster it'd be out by now, though.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I've seen them both get called "Remake" but I don't think the leaks themselves ever specified too much.

Just seems like an odd game to fully remake. It’s a tactical turn based RPG without much need for flashy animations or graphical fidelity.

I totally understand a FF9 remake, though. If you’ve seen the fan made Memoria project stuff, that kind of a stylized aesthetic with modern graphics could really work.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Wow wow wow wow

Been hoping for this for the longest time. Have been fighting a kidney stone all week and this helped put a huge smile on my face. Amazing!
To temper your expectations a bit, I think the leaks only called it a remaster, and as one of the only things left in the leak that hasn't come true yet, it's taken long enough that it might be reasonable to start expressing some doubt, if it doesn't get announced pretty soon.

Just seems like an odd game to fully remake. It’s a tactical turn based RPG without much need for flashy animations or graphical fidelity.

I totally understand a FF9 remake, though. If you’ve seen the fan made Memoria project stuff, that kind of a stylized aesthetic with modern graphics could really work.
I don't think there's any chance they do a full on remake/re-imagining. I'd be shocked if they don't still build off of the exact same basic skeleton of the PSP version. I think it'll be a higher budget version of what Tactics Ogre Reborn did.

I would consider what Reborn did more than just a conventional remaster, though. Matsuno likes to treat his remasters as full on opportunities to fix their problems and make them as good as they possibly can be. These original games have a lot of obtuseness, poor balancing/scaling choices to iron out. I think it's likely that they'll completely over-haul a lot of mechanical things, on top of rewriting/adjusting some of the script and adding full voice acting. They also need to decide what to do with the PSP cut-scenes, which look excellent, but they may end up wanting to re-create them instead of just upscaling them (they also have voice acting that might conflict as well).

I'm guessing the time and effort will probably go into stuff like that rather than flashy animations and graphical fidelity.

Also, while I have all the Tactics fans here, these guys are starting this book-club-style story-analysis podcast for Tactics Ogre (their Final Fantasty Tactics one was excellent, and helped me appreciate the story so much more. Considering how much more unwelcoming TO is, could be a good game companion):

Last edited:
Reactions: SettlementRichie10

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
To temper your expectations a bit, I think the leaks only called it a remaster, and as one of the only things left in the leak that hasn't come true yet, it's taken long enough that it might be reasonable to start expressing some doubt, if it doesn't get announced pretty soon.

I don't think there's any chance they do a full on remake/re-imagining. I'd be shocked if they don't still build off of the exact same basic skeleton of the PSP version. I think it'll be a higher budget version of what Tactics Ogre Reborn did.

I would consider what Reborn did more than just a conventional remaster, though. Matsuno likes to treat his remasters as full on opportunities to fix their problems and make them as good as they possibly can be. These original games have a lot of obtuseness, poor balancing/scaling choices to iron out. I think it's likely that they'll completely over-haul a lot of mechanical things, on top of rewriting/adjusting some of the script and adding full voice acting. They also need to decide what to do with the PSP cut-scenes, which look excellent, but they may end up wanting to re-create them instead of just upscaling them (they also have voice acting that might conflict as well).

I'm guessing the time and effort will probably go into stuff like that rather than flashy animations and graphical fidelity.

Also, while I have all the Tactics fans here, these guys are starting this book-club-style story-analysis podcast for Tactics Ogre (their Final Fantasty Tactics one was excellent, and helped me appreciate the story so much more. Considering how much more unwelcoming TO is, could be a good game companion):

I’ve been watching RA since they were called Dark Pixel. Great channel. I love his original Xenogears retrospective. Talk about a game I would kill to see remade.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has me a little bit intrigued. I guess it comes out soon, this week maybe? I don't know that it is something I would buy right away but if the reviews look decent it might be worth a look down the line on sale

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Not looking promising.
I saw that. Schreier is rarely ever wrong. He is so well connected. A lot of the speculation is that it will be announced after the Rebirth launch and they don't want to take anything away from that upcoming launch.

Of course, it is possible that he is really being legitimate. That would really suck...

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad