Upcoming games you're looking forward to

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I'll be honest, it completely slipped my mind. :laugh:

God of War (2018) didn't really do anything unique, but it sure was a heck of a spectacle. I'm definitely interested in picking up Ragnarok.
That says a lot about the games industry. You don't need to do something super unique to produce a memorable, GOTY quality game. You just need to do it well, with flawless game play and create a game with the gamer in mind.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
After a relatively quiet first half of the year the rest of 2023 is absolutely stacked. This might be the best year we've had for video games in a long time if a lot of these turn out to be good, especially compared to the last few years which have been especially bad. There have been some nice announcements for 2024 as well.

2023:
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
Baldur's Gate 3
Starfield
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Alan Wake 2
Super Mario Bros. Wonder
Cities: Skylines 2
Persona 5 Tactica
XDefiant
Ghostrunner 2
Sonic Superstars
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine 2
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

2024:
Avowed
Metaphor: ReFantazio
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
Persona 3 Reload

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
While, I'll never have much faith in EA, I am very curious about this Black Panther game they are making. While, both Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor have technical issues, they go have good gameplay and an interesting story set in a universe many fans would love to explore. Hopefully, they land this one with less tech issues. Thanks to the success of Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor (combined with the bomb that was the last Battlefield, and how big a disaster Antham was), it seems EA has moved away from their prior stance that "single player games are dead." Unfortunately, due to the money FUT makes, I doubt this will lead them to invest in franchise modes anytime soon though. But, atleast they seem to be trying to make good single player games again.

Reactions: robertmac43

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
While, I'll never have much faith in EA, I am very curious about this Black Panther game they are making. While, both Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor have technical issues, they go have good gameplay and an interesting story set in a universe many fans would love to explore. Hopefully, they land this one with less tech issues. Thanks to the success of Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor (combined with the bomb that was the last Battlefield, and how big a disaster Antham was), it seems EA has moved away from their prior stance that "single player games are dead." Unfortunately, due to the money FUT makes, I doubt this will lead them to invest in franchise modes anytime soon though. But, atleast they seem to be trying to make good single player games again.

I'm (cautiously) excited for Star Wars Outlaws.

Not a fan of Fallen Order, and EA in general, so it's nice to see someone else try their hand at a SW game.

That being said, it's Ubisoft. I get the sense it will be Far Cry or Assassin's Creed with a SW skin. Start in one region, progress to other regions and take over / build an outpost / build the resistance forces, with a map splattered with icons and markers.

In Far Cry, I love it because I play co-op, and it's just stupid fun without taking itself too seriously. I got really tired of the AC formula... just couldn't will my way through Valhalla. Hopefully there is a fresh spin on the SW genre that takes it beyond the most recent Ubisoft titles.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I'm (cautiously) excited for Star Wars Outlaws.

Not a fan of Fallen Order, and EA in general, so it's nice to see someone else try their hand at a SW game.

That being said, it's Ubisoft. I get the sense it will be Far Cry or Assassin's Creed with a SW skin. Start in one region, progress to other regions and take over / build an outpost / build the resistance forces, with a map splattered with icons and markers.

In Far Cry, I love it because I play co-op, and it's just stupid fun without taking itself too seriously. I got really tired of the AC formula... just couldn't will my way through Valhalla. Hopefully there is a fresh spin on the SW genre that takes it beyond the most recent Ubisoft titles.

I agree with everything, your apprehension for Ubi games included. The new AC is tailored after the pre Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla games, so more stealth than action, hopefully it's good. I saw they canceled Fenix 2, which is a big bummer for me as I loved the first one.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I agree with everything, your apprehension for Ubi games included. The new AC is tailored after the pre Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla games, so more stealth than action, hopefully it's good. I saw they canceled Fenix 2, which is a big bummer for me as I loved the first one.

That sounds promising for the new AC.

I don't think there's anything wrong with their games, per se. I think for myself, personally, I get franchise fatigue pretty quickly. Millions of people love it, though.. so power to them.

I really enjoyed The Division 2... and would be happy with a 3rd one eventually.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
With all the exciting AAA releases coming up i went forward with a huge upgrade to my setup. Sold all my gaming stuff I don't use and have no nostalgia for (PS5, Switch, their respective games, Steam Deck) along with my 3080 and got a 4090 FE and 55" LG C2. Can't wait to play Starfield, Alan Wake 2 and Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty on this new setup!

• Wow
Reactions: Andrei79 and Osprey

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm not normally excited for new games since most AAA titles suck these days and a lot of indie titles don't usually get too much marketing until close to release but this time around, there's actually a good amount that I'm looking forward to:

Baldur's Gate 3
Clockwork Revolution
Ghostrunner 2
Sea of Stars
Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl
Talos Principle 2

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
With all the exciting AAA releases coming up i went forward with a huge upgrade to my setup. Sold all my gaming stuff I don't use and have no nostalgia for (PS5, Switch, their respective games, Steam Deck) along with my 3080 and got a 4090 FE and 55" LG C2. Can't wait to play Starfield, Alan Wake 2 and Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty on this new setup!
Just when I was really liking you, you go and do this and make me hate you. I hope you're happy.

Reactions: Mikeaveli

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hearing talks of a Red Dead Redemption remaster. I luckily still have my PS3 (Primarily for the Skate games), but, if its true we are getting it for PC and next-gen consoles, I'm beyond excited to play it again on my PC.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hearing talks of a Red Dead Redemption remaster. I luckily still have my PS3 (Primarily for the Skate games), but, if its true we are getting it for PC and next-gen consoles, I'm beyond excited to play it again on my PC.
That would be amazing. I've tried 3 times now to play RDR 2 and it just can't stick. There must be something wrong with me because i'm sure it's a great game.

Red Dead Redemption was a masterpiece.

Reactions: Jovavic

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
Does half life 3 count ? :)

The new Gta look nice.

If they make the remake of Résident evil CV, shutup take my money. Gif

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Does half life 3 count ? :)

The new Gta look nice.

If they make the remake of Résident evil CV, shutup take my money. Gif

I keep seeing rumors but nothing concrete. It's the one remake I want desperate from that franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad