Upcoming games you're looking forward to

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I remember we had a similar thread in the past on here but I did a search and nothing came up 🤷

Anyway, what's everyone looking forward to? In the next both Konami and Sega are having streams potentially showing off some games I'd be getting day. Konami is having a stream in a few days that'll have a voice actor from Suikoden announce a new game...obviously I'd want VI but even a release (doesn't even need to be a remake) of the older games (even IV) on modern consoles would have me pumped.

Sega just announced that they will be having a RGG stream next week and it will most certainly be about Yakuza 8 and maybe a new Judgment game or even the mystery project the team is working on. After loving Like a Dragon (playing through it again right now, ps5 this time) and the two Judgment games, this studio has become a day one buy for whatever they release.

Eiyuden Chronicles is probably at the top of the list atm, can't wait for that one. Other games like Hogwarts, God of War, FF7 part 2, all look good as well.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Sea of Stars, Hollow Knight Silksong, Street Fighter VI, Tactics Ogre Reborn/the equivalent Final Fantasy Tactics remaster, Gunbrella, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (though I'm super skeptical and expecting mixed results, just attached to the source material), and that Playdead game that seems to be in limbo.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A Plague Tale: Requiem
God of War
Lies of P

...and hopefully Silksong comes to PS sooner rather than later.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Silksong is the #1 on my list. Also looking forward to God of War, Hogwarts Legacy, and Pokemon to a lesser extent.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
This year God of War is the only full game left on my card. Looking forward to Hogwarts Legacy next year, and will probably check out Starfield as well.

As for DLC, Hopefully the Texas map comes out for American Truck Sim, Montana was pretty damn good, and has boxed the map nicely.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not a single one. BotW 2 will probably be delayed to 2024 or something. Gaming's plateaued. It's all netlix and live service stuff.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Final Fantasy 16 and Part two of FF7 Remake.

Also I guess the Hogwarts game even though I don't really know the movies but the game looks cool.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Final Fantasy 16 and Part two of FF7 Remake.

Also I guess the Hogwarts game even though I don't really know the movies but the game looks cool.
Is it bad that I'm subconsciously preparing to use Final Fantasy XVI as a litmus test to see if I can entertain that the storytelling of Yoshida-produced games really is as good as people say (anything remotely on the same plane as Matsuno's), without wanting to actually slog through XIV? :laugh:

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm looking forward to System Shock, Starfield and Dune: Spice Wars. I believe that they're all due in the next 6 months.

Edit: Return to Monkey Island, as well, as Commander Clueless reminded me. Ooh, it's due on the 19th of this month. That's sooner than I expected.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I thought 2021 was bad but 2022 is even more barren. You know it's bad when I'm having to include ports and DLC to even form a list. 2023 is looking better but we'll see how many of those games actually release that year.

2022:
Persona 5 Royal PC
Call of Duty Modern Warfare II
Resident Evil Village DLC
Tactics Ogre Reborn

Also cautiously optimistic about Harvestella, a Rune Factory clone from Square Enix which looks like it has a semi decent budget behind it unlike RF5.

2023:
Starfield
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
Hogwarts Legacy
Alan Wake 2
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Baldur's Gate 3
Persona 3 Portable PC

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Not sure if any of these are coming out this year or not, I'm sure there are a few that I'll buy but nothing I'm marking the calendar for

Atomic Hearts - on Game Pass, probably would wait on it otherwise
Starfield
BotW 2

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Hmm, not a whole ton on the horizon I'm super looking forward to:

1) Frostpunk 2
2) Baldur's Gate 3

Moderately looking forward to:

3) Starfield
4) Sea of Stars
5) Stormgate
6) Return to Monkey Island
7) The Outer Worlds 2

Reactions: Osprey

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hmm, not a whole ton on the horizon I'm super looking forward to:

1) Frostpunk 2
2) Baldur's Gate 3

Moderately looking forward to:

3) Starfield
4) Sea of Stars
5) Stormgate
6) Return to Monkey Island
7) The Outer Worlds 2

Surprised God of War is not on that list

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
for me there is so much coming, God of War being the big boy obviously.

But beyond that you have

Sonic Frontiers,
Forspoken,
FF16,
the inqusitor,
Hogwarts Legacy
breath of the wild 2, I just finished BOTW it was incredible can't wait for BOTW 2

there is so much coming in the next year

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Is it bad that I'm subconsciously preparing to use Final Fantasy XVI as a litmus test to see if I can entertain that the storytelling of Yoshida-produced games really is as good as people say (anything remotely on the same plane as Matsuno's), without wanting to actually slog through XIV? :laugh:
Apparently they updated 14 to support full solo-play with NPC's so I might start it now.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Apparently they updated 14 to support full solo-play with NPC's so I might start it now.
Heard about that, but that doesn't cut down the 100 hour length, supposedly weaker start, and grindy/sidequesty nature of MMOs though, does it? I think I need to be sold by something a bit more digestable/focused first.

Last edited:

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
for me there is so much coming, God of War being the big boy obviously.

But beyond that you have

Sonic Frontiers,
Forspoken,
FF16,
the inqusitor,
Hogwarts Legacy
breath of the wild 2, I just finished BOTW it was incredible can't wait for BOTW 2

there is so much coming in the next year
Looks like we have similar taste in games!

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Some others I'm looking forward to:

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection vol. 1 and 2
Nightingale
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk (Jet Set Radio spiritual successor)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad