Proposal: Unwanted 3C to the Habs

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Interesting as in Toronto he was more of a setup guy. Could also be attributed to the fact he primarily played with shot first wingers in Kessel and JVR
He doesn't drive play much these days, but he is a smart overall player, i'd say generally he's a setup man, but he's more of just a smart, trustworthy positionally sound 3C who doesn't bring much in terms of energy or physicality, but he's just always in a good spot positionally and a good mentor to young skill guys like thomas and kyrou, because even though he doesn't have the physical abilities of those guys, he can think with them, teach and be on the same page as them offensively. He's not the most ideal 3C thesedays, but he does bring some value to the table, especially at say 2 mill a year rather than the 5 he was getting in STL

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would guess that ARI would be willing to move Schmaltz and his contract.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just sign Cizikas! Very underrated and both Evans and Cizikas can take defensive zone face offs. Habs can offer Cizikas more ice time than the Islanders!

Evans and Cizikas as the defense centers and Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as the offensive centers. Poehling ready and hungry to steal a job.

Last edited:

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He doesn't drive play much these days, but he is a smart overall player, i'd say generally he's a setup man, but he's more of just a smart, trustworthy positionally sound 3C who doesn't bring much in terms of energy or physicality, but he's just always in a good spot positionally and a good mentor to young skill guys like thomas and kyrou, because even though he doesn't have the physical abilities of those guys, he can think with them, teach and be on the same page as them offensively. He's not the most ideal 3C thesedays, but he does bring some value to the table, especially at say 2 mill a year rather than the 5 he was getting in STL
or...

Blues re-sign Bozak and trade Sanford for a pick

I like that one better

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Copp would fit in well but I don’t see a trade to be made

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just sign Cizikas! Very underrated and both Evans and Cizikas can take defensive zone face offs. Habs can offer Cizikas more ice time than the Islanders!

Evans and Cizikas as the defense centers and Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as the offensive centers. Poehling ready and hungry to steal a job.

KK doesn’t produce enough for the Habs to have two centres that don’t chip in offensively.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Cizikas is almost certainly resigning in Long Island. He’s just been circling around with Palmieri and Parise waiting for the Isles to get a better idea with their RFAs to hammer out contract details. Lou Lam has them all in a holding pattern.

Bozak would be a cheap one year stop gap who could still be effective. Personally I think the Habs need to go bigger - push KK at least down to the 3 line and maybe even make Suzuki keep working to really grab the 1C role. Make the kids earn it - right now they are the only options.

I know Habs fans are loathe to give up too much of the farm but the team is a bit odd at the moment with like a dozen NHL quality wingers but very thin at center and Weber probably done. This team made the finals last year, Price isn’t getting younger and they have lots of ammo…they should be going all in for a big fish IMO. They can grab a big gun or maybe two really good pieces to try and get back and also not destroy their future. It’ll hurt the prospect hype/rankings to make these kind of moves but the point is to win right?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
KK doesn’t produce enough for the Habs to have two centres that don’t chip in offensively.

This coming season vs Last season:
Suzuki = Suzuki
Evans = Evans
Cizikas (more ice time) = Danault
KK (more ice time) = KK++

Many of you are after the more attractive part where we want more offense. That's basically Eichel. If you can't pull that off, we need to think outside the box and remain an defensive 1st team. Cizikas/Evans takes Danault's defensive zone face-offs. Suzuki does his thing and KK gets more opportunity in the match-up game.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Depends how much Cizikas wants. But I agree that he is a good replacement for Danault.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Depends how much Cizikas wants. But I agree that he is a good replacement for Danault.

I think people will flip out but 3 years at $3.9M would get it done. Not sure he signs for 2 years at $3M but possible. I don't think the Islanders want to loose him and I think Lou has his hands in the cookie jars like Bergevin on the trade market.

Habs need to consider Cizikas and plant the seed of him having more ice time with the Habs. Will the Ontario boy consider Montreal? Not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad