Proposal: Unwanted 3C to the Habs

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Simply enough your slightly overpaid and or unwanted 3C you no longerneed/want who can put up 30-40 points and ideally can PK.

Some targets include Kerfoot & JT Compher,

Normally in a value thread I'd ask how much, but in this one the question is how little would it take.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Simply enough your slightly overpaid and or unwanted 3C you no longerneed/want who can put up 30-40 points and ideally can PK.

Some targets include Kerfoot & JT Compher,

Normally in a value thread I'd ask how much, but in this one the question is how little would it take.
We do need a 3C, but he would have to have a short contract. 1 year or 2 left. At some point, we have to trust in the ability of Evans or Poehling to take that spot down the line.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
As much as some fans shit on Kerfoot, he is a good fit in Toronto unless it for a cheaper 3c who can jump onto the second line wing which is very unlikely

Reactions: banks

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
We do need a 3C, but he would have to have a short contract. 1 year or 2 left. At some point, we have to trust in the ability of Evans or Poehling to take that spot down the line.

Should have specified 1 - 2 years in the op. But yeah both the guys I suggested are on 2 year deals. I expect our long term C depth to be

Suzuki
KK
Poehling
Evans

But I think Poehling could use 1 more year in laval and in his 1st NHL year we could have him share centre duties with the guy we acquire.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Turris won't get 30 pts but is unwanted and will be cheap(future considerations). Dylan Strome maybe? Also probably cheap. Compher takes up too much cap but for how much of the Avs' bottom 6 has left this summer Sakic would have to have a FA replacement ready first. Then Compher could go for a 3rd or 4th(cap space being the real return).

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Turris won't get 30 pts but is unwanted and will be cheap(future considerations). Dylan Strome maybe? Also probably cheap. Compher takes up too much cap but for how much of the Avs' bottom 6 has left this summer Sakic would have to have a FA replacement ready first. Then Compher could go for a 3rd or 4th(cap space being the real return).

We have 2 bottom 6 C's who fill a similar role to Turris but are better at this point. The idea is to move one of Evans or Paquette to wing on the 4th line and have the other play C. Giving the Habs 2 centre men who are solid at draws and can PK on the 4th line while increasing the production of the 3rd.

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
I do really believe there would be a deal to be made here around Tierney to Montreal.

He's not needed in Ottawa and there's been speculation he's not someone who wants to be there anyways. Ottawa would likely move him for next to nothing while he's still a very capable 3C who is solid on the PK. Just coming off a very underwhelming year in Ottawa and has become a bit of a whipping boy (myself included). Needs a change in scenery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad