Proposal: Unwanted 3C to the Habs

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Winnipeg should be able to resign Copp, Pionk, and Stanley without much issue, unless Pionk is asking for crazy money.

If Copp were to be available though I'd imagine that more than half the league would check in on the asking price.

I feel like Copp's value is heavily dependent on what he wants on his next contract. But if he is being reasonable I could see him getting

a late first

or

2nd + B+ prospect + cheaper but worse bottom six forward.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
He's not fast or quick anymore, but can get around. He was at his best when he had thomas on his wing driving the play offensively and bozak did a great job finding soft areas for thomas to feed him etc...
Interesting as in Toronto he was more of a setup guy. Could also be attributed to the fact he primarily played with shot first wingers in Kessel and JVR

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I think this is a somewhat rarity on HF but I think both sides love this deal.

I'd be very happy to move Tierney for a 3rd to Montreal. Can someone connect Dorion and Bergevin, please?

It really is but the deal would make a ton of sense imo and in the opinion of many others.

He'd be playing with 2 of,

Hoffman, Toffoli, Anderson, Gallagher, and Drouin.

Bet he puts up 40 again with those wingers.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I only read "unwanted 3.."
5ihg18.jpg

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Should have specified 1 - 2 years in the op. But yeah both the guys I suggested are on 2 year deals. I expect our long term C depth to be

Suzuki
KK
Poehling
Evans

But I think Poehling could use 1 more year in laval and in his 1st NHL year we could have him share centre duties with the guy we acquire.
I'd like another C to give time to Poehling and to support KK. Ideally, that would have been Krejci on a 2 year deal. Now, I'd consider Bozak on a 1 year deal to fill in.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
First off this made me laugh pretty hard, second other Avs fans said he isn't really effective at C? If that's the case I'd definitely want to pass on him cause at that point we could just use Perrault.
Bednar is putting him at center because we have no other options but yeah he should be more suited as a winger.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
Jets are in a cap bind and Habs have a plethora of wingers. Could be a fit there.

Lehkonen and a 3rd for Copp

Came to post that EXACT thing. Recoups the pick we gave up for Schmidt and Lehkonen slides in with Lowry & Vesalainen

Winnipeg should be able to resign Copp, Pionk, and Stanley without much issue, unless Pionk is asking for crazy money.

If Copp were to be available though I'd imagine that more than half the league would check in on the asking price.

Rough guess is that we have $11M to spend on Copp, Pionk and Stanley. Rough guesses are $1M for Stanley, $4M for Copp and $6M for Pionk. So zero breathing room at all.

Reactions: Richard88

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Came to post that EXACT thing. Recoups the pick we gave up for Schmidt and Lehkoen slides in with Lowry & Vesalainen

Rough guess is that we have $11M to spend on Copp, Pionk and Stanley. Rough guesses are $1M for Stanley, $4M for Copp and $6M for Pionk. So zero breathing room at all.

If Copp is willing to accept 4 million on medium to long term I'd give you Lehkonen and a 2nd in a heartbeat.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
If Copp is willing to accept 4 million on medium to long term I'd give you Lehkonen and a 2nd in a heartbeat.

He’s probably looking for closer to 5M but that shouldn’t be an issue for you capwise. He would fit nicely in montreal I think. Good for 45-55 points and solid defence.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He’s probably looking for closer to 5M but that shouldn’t be an issue for you capwise. He would fit nicely in montreal I think. Good for 45-55 points and solid defence.

If came in under 5 I'd be happy to have him tbh. Cause he is exactly what I think the Habs need and just turned 27 so if you sign him 6 years that's basically the rest of his prime. But I'm betting Montreal would cap out at 4.75. Which I'd do.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I don't think the Habs have the appetite to move Lehkonen at all, unless it's for a player that moves the needle for us.
i'd move him for copp straight . maybe give winnipeg a fourth and we get a fifth back . what's copp looking for salary wise .?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Simply enough your slightly overpaid and or unwanted 3C you no longerneed/want who can put up 30-40 points and ideally can PK.

Some targets include Kerfoot & JT Compher,

Normally in a value thread I'd ask how much, but in this one the question is how little would it take.
I’d take Alex Belzile for Compher

I’d swap Kerfoot for Compher in a heartbeat

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Most of us dislike Tierney, but he can rack up some assists and play the PK. I believe he's got more value than most fans think he has (despite me hating him the most), but we'd probably all just be happy he's gone. 2nd round pick and we'd all be giving high 5's to Dorion.

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
I like Copp -Lehkonen + 2nd would be good with me.
This would heavily depend on Copp's salary arbitration settlement. I'm sure if it's high enough that the Jets feel like it's not a good value (therefore want to trade him) then it will diminish the return a bit.

I could certainly see Bergy being interested in Copp though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad