Proposal: Unwanted 3C to the Habs

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Simply enough your slightly overpaid and or unwanted 3C you no longerneed/want who can put up 30-40 points and ideally can PK.

Some targets include Kerfoot & JT Compher,

Normally in a value thread I'd ask how much, but in this one the question is how little would it take.
soooooo... Danault but cheaper? lol

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Just Sign bozak, he's still a smart serviceable 3C as long as you have some guys that can skate on his wing lmao

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I do really believe there would be a deal to be made here around Tierney to Montreal.

He's not needed in Ottawa and there's been speculation he's not someone who wants to be there anyways. Ottawa would likely move him for next to nothing while he's still a very capable 3C who is solid on the PK. Just coming off a very underwhelming year in Ottawa and has become a bit of a whipping boy (myself included). Needs a change in scenery.

Unless Bergevin is on to something big, I'm hoping this is the direction we'll take. I believe Tierney would be a good fit.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Compher is a serviceable 3RW who'll pot 15+15, but at center he's not a good solution other than maybe in a pinch for a couple of games.

If you want him for his versatility though then I wouldn't mind a Lehkonen/Compher swap. Compher produces more but Lehkonen is better at forechecking and is slightly cheaper.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Turris won't get 30 pts but is unwanted and will be cheap(future considerations). Dylan Strome maybe? Also probably cheap. Compher takes up too much cap but for how much of the Avs' bottom 6 has left this summer Sakic would have to have a FA replacement ready first. Then Compher could go for a 3rd or 4th(cap space being the real return).

You can take him now for absolutely nothing, or grab him on waivers when he gets sent to the AHL.

He's not an NHLer anymore.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
No hes not just because MTL doesnt need him doesnt make a cap dump, leafs will keep him
Leafs keep him then

As mentionned above, he's as usefull as Byron and Byron as been through waivers many times last year. Kerfoot is the same. Is he a usefull player on the Leafs? Yah, but no gmis going to actually give anything valuable for Kerfoot, unless a similar salary / contract is coming back

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Bozak used to be a good skater, has age slowed him down that much?
He's not fast or quick anymore, but can get around. He was at his best when he had thomas on his wing driving the play offensively and bozak did a great job finding soft areas for thomas to feed him etc...

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I’ll drive Kyle Turris to the airport and will send the Habs a $20 Tim Hortons gift card as a sweetener. Allons-y. Just take him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Strome would end up costing more than Montreal wants to part with right now. Doesn't make sense, at least not until deadline when it'd be cheaper if they need to add something down the middle.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
What would you offer for Backlund?

Wouldn't make much sense since they would've signed Danault for his asking price if they wanted that kind of contract/player. Letting Danault walk without even making an offer after the season + paying assets to get Backlund would be such a dumb move, I cannot see them go for it.

It's either a clear upgrade on Danault OR a clear 3rd line C at this point IMO.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Jets are in a cap bind and Habs have a plethora of wingers. Could be a fit there.

Lehkonen and a 3rd for Copp
Winnipeg should be able to resign Copp, Pionk, and Stanley without much issue, unless Pionk is asking for crazy money.

If Copp were to be available though I'd imagine that more than half the league would check in on the asking price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad