Unpopular Video Game Opinions

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
-- The Bloodrayne games are pretty entertaining and I liked the innovative combat.

-- Leisure Suit Larry: Magna *** Laude is a great game that perfectly blends comedy, skill, and something of an adventure. And is also a somewhat accurate portrayal of being a Freshman Undergrad.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Dead Space 3 was the best in the series.

The Last of Us and The Witcher 3 are decent games but not even close to being masterpieces.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Dead Space 3 was the best in the series.

The Last of Us and The Witcher 3 are decent games but not even close to being masterpieces.

:naughty:

images

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Overwatch is an awful FPS, its mechanics might be the worst of all time. It only appeals to a casual crowd.

Also: Overwatch is such a clunky game and the fact that people enjoy watching it as an eSport makes my eyes hurt.

Overwatch is terrible and only appeals to casual shooter fans.

Overwatch is overrated.

Overwatch sucks.

apparently the unpopular opinion is that Overwatch is good

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Things I honestly believe:

Metroid: Other M was a pretty fun and decent game.

Mario 64 doesn't hold up well today and all the other 3D Marios are better.

I'm fine with the direction the Paper Mario franchise has taken.

I feel that art style and direction is more important than resolution and frame rate, and that gameplay is more important than writing.

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Also, I think Majora's Mask is a majorly overrated game.

Aside from the timed aspect of it which I didn't care for, I felt the game was very unbalanced. Only four dungeons in the game. And the rest of the hearts were scattered among too many side quests.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
For those who didn't like majoras mask, to my understanding the time mechanics and quests have been fixed on 3DS. I'm looking forward to giving it a try in the future.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The Last of Us is not the best game ever.
The Last of Us does not have the best story ever.
The Uncharted Series is not the best of all time.

Stop it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I don't think anybody claims the uncharted series is the best ever but the games, especially uncharted 4, are technical masterpieces and i have to say theyve really improved the gameplay to the point where i would say its underrated

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Also, I think Majora's Mask is a majorly overrated game.

Aside from the timed aspect of it which I didn't care for, I felt the game was very unbalanced. Only four dungeons in the game. And the rest of the hearts were scattered among too many side quests.

I'm fine with the timed aspect. I think it was unique.

But agreed with it being unbalanced. I just never got "into" that world. Personal preference, I guess.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
perhaps, but last I checked you can't play Quake on a television with your friends

You say that as if split screen multiplayer is dependent on control input.

Also, you could still just as easily hook your TV up to your computer. You can go on voice chat with your friends. Boom, you can play Quake on a television with your friends. Why do people keep thinking you can't do that?

apparently the unpopular opinion is that Overwatch is good

What's more popular? 5 posts on HFBoards or countless awards and the 25 million+ player base playing the game? It's certainly a lot more popular than CoD which people openly bash and praise. But you don't see much open bashing of Overwatch. Not yet anyway.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Things I honestly believe:

Metroid: Other M was a pretty fun and decent game.

Mario 64 doesn't hold up well today and all the other 3D Marios are better.

I'm fine with the direction the Paper Mario franchise has taken.

I feel that art style and direction is more important than resolution and frame rate, and that gameplay is more important than writing.

Other M is not a bad gameplay game. As a matter of fact, if future Metroids were like that, I'd be okay. It's the story that blows.

Mario 64 agreed doesn't hold up well, but much like Metroid Prime, was so groundbreaking it deserves its place in the history of gaming.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Here's a controversial opinion. I'm not a fan of the metroid prime controls on gamecube and I actually can't play the game because of it. I can't even say if the game is good or bad because the controls are so bad I don't want to play it.

I've explain it in another thread (in fact I think it was the old controversial video game thread)

They have basically the same controls as the 3D Zelda games. Metroid Prime's gameplay isn't that far off from Zelda with guns.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
They have basically the same controls as the 3D Zelda games. Metroid Prime's gameplay isn't that far off from Zelda with guns.
Which doesn't belong in a fps. I also had issues with the lock on constantly ending and having to lock on again and again. Or having to stand still and take damage just to manually aim up and shoot at a boss.

by the way, mario 64 holds up fine. i beat it just a few months ago and its still great.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
You say that as if split screen multiplayer is dependent on control input.

Also, you could still just as easily hook your TV up to your computer. You can go on voice chat with your friends. Boom, you can play Quake on a television with your friends. Why do people keep thinking you can't do that?

my man you're missing the forest for the trees. People like playing games with their friends on the same television while sitting on the same sofa in the same room. Full stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad