OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
A thought occurred to me recently.....

Am I weird because I write in all capital letters? I understand that TYPING IN ALL CAPS looks dumb but what about handwriting? I've done it since high school, so more than half of my life of actually writing. Is that odd? Well, it's probably odd, so is it frowned upon?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Am I weird because I write in all capital letters? I understand that TYPING IN ALL CAPS looks dumb but what about handwriting? I've done it since high school, so more than half of my life of actually writing. Is that odd? Well, it's probably odd, so is it frowned upon?

No.

You could carve the letters on government and college buildings like HVMBER HALL.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

My dad does this and yes, it is dumb. :)

Reactions: TheOriginalJez

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Doesn't bother me. My sister writes in all caps a lot. It's in the style that architects use on blueprints and is pretty cool looking.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Dear body, f*** you. I'm going to work hard even if you make me weak, tired, sweaty. You got a problem with that?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
You really don't want it to answer that question, right? That's where back spasms, trick knees, and the like all come from.

I have dislocated both shoulders 20+ times, each, dislocated a knee, had an NFL backup QB break my wrist shaking my hand, I have MS, severe depression, PTSD, and autism, bring it. Pain just tell's you, you are unfortunately alive.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Writing without some electronic device is so anachronistic.

I use Post-it notes at work, not a quill pen.

(I was in Williamsburg in June and I did look at a quill pen, but it wasn't clipped. Ben Franklin did not wave a big feather around! That is movie garbage.)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I use Post-it notes at work, not a quill pen.

(I was in Williamsburg in June and I did look at a quill pen, but it wasn't clipped. Ben Franklin did not wave a big feather around! That is movie garbage.)
When I was around 7 I went to Williamsburg (lived in Richmond then) and got...a white quill pen. I had that thing for years til it finally disappeared. Bet it was from the same little store.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Quills, pens, meh. I heard kids these days have gone back to tablets. Must be part of the whole hipster retro thing.

depositphotos_13984784-stock-illustration-cartoon-caveman-stone-tablet.jpg

Reactions: adsfan and PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You know, I don't know any young people who actually use tablets, but my 84 year old mother has one. Ha! She puts the hip in hipster, I guess. My 10 year old granddaughter used to carry...I guess it was a Kindle Fire?...to read books but she's into the real thing now since pictures are rarely involved.

Reactions: TheOriginalJez

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
When I was around 7 I went to Williamsburg (lived in Richmond then) and got...a white quill pen. I had that thing for years til it finally disappeared. Bet it was from the same little store.

I bet that you are correct, since they don't tear anything down there! It was the Post Office on Duke of Gloucester St.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I bet that you are correct, since they don't tear anything down there! It was the Post Office on Duke of Gloucester St.
Most likely the same place. I can sort of picture it in my mind, but so long ago--can't remember all that much distinctly! I remember wooden floors and a counter. I can't even remember where the quill pens were, just that I was going to spend my quarter on it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Speaking of rain, you may have heard that Japan is experiencing a typhoon. Goalie Boy is fine. Says there's lots of rain but where he is is fairly sheltered.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
That's a lot of rain! Most I ever saw was when we had the flood in Nashville. 16 inches I think the final total was.

GBoy lives in Imabari, which is in Ehime Prefecture on the island of Shikoku. Fortunately it is on the lee side of the island:

Extreme winds of 129 mph have hit Japan and forecasts will see this quickly develop towards 135 mph in the coming hours.
Some 20 inches is also predicted to fall during the next 24 hours entering into noon on Wednesday, according to the Japan Meteorological Agency.
Evacuation orders for more than one million people have been issued in some areas of Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Hyogo, Ehime and Wakayama prefectures.
Wind gusts of up to 208 km/h (129mph) were recorded in one part of Shikoku, with forecasts for gusts as high as 216 km/h (135mph).
Typhoon Jebi update: Osaka typhoon warning - when did Jebi hit? What impact has storm had?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well last day of work is done. These seem to get easier after the 3rd one in a row closing. As always it's the people not so much the job that you miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino