OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Sure but you aren't going to be looking at it. I've had that stuff for decades, I looked at once when I turned it on and said cool and never looked at it again lol.

None of the parts did I get for the RGB. The CPU fan that comes with the part was reviewed as an excellent one, especially since I'm not going to overclock, so I figured why not be able to see it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
None of the parts did I get for the RGB. The CPU fan that comes with the part was reviewed as an excellent one, especially since I'm not going to overclock, so I figured why not be able to see it.
It's nothing personal it's just something I have found amusing. I had the same idea 2 computers ago, realized when I went to build the next that not only did I not look at it, most of the stuff that had lighting burnt out in 6 months anyways. My current case is a Cooler Master, can't even see in it, but it has lots of space for expansion and lots of space to get in there to stuff. Will probably be what I go with the next time around too.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Can we go back to this summer when all of us DnD nerds connected? That was more fun than this season.

Also of note, my wife and I are talking about opening up a bar that is boardgame/DND related. We really have been disappointed with the boardgame bar scene in Nashville.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
It's nothing personal it's just something I have found amusing. I had the same idea 2 computers ago, realized when I went to build the next that not only did I not look at it, most of the stuff that had lighting burnt out in 6 months anyways. My current case is a Cooler Master, can't even see in it, but it has lots of space for expansion and lots of space to get in there to stuff. Will probably be what I go with the next time around too.

Trying to learn on the fly, never did this before. Wish there was someone close by to spend just an hour hands on with me. Looking at the motherboard connection diagram I'm pretty intimidated. The case only comes with 2 fans, I'm thinking about ordering 2 more so I can have 2 intake on the front, the supplied exhaust on the back and an additional exhaust one on the top. Plus I can procrastinate a few more days.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Can we go back to this summer when all of us DnD nerds connected? That was more fun than this season.

Also of note, my wife and I are talking about opening up a bar that is boardgame/DND related. We really have been disappointed with the boardgame bar scene in Nashville.

Will food be served or is it just Booze and Boards?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

I would visit that bar.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

There is at least one place in Milwaukee, but I haven't been there (Oak and Shield Gaming Pub).

I have been trying barcades in Milwaukee and Chicago in recent years. Pinball, Asteroids and beer. (My idea of what heaven is like)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Trying to learn on the fly, never did this before. Wish there was someone close by to spend just an hour hands on with me. Looking at the motherboard connection diagram I'm pretty intimidated. The case only comes with 2 fans, I'm thinking about ordering 2 more so I can have 2 intake on the front, the supplied exhaust on the back and an additional exhaust one on the top. Plus I can procrastinate a few more days.
Yeah more fans never hurt especially if you aren't running liquid cooling. I believe mine is intake on side, front, and a massive one on top, exhaust in the back. CPU is liquid cooled which has a fan to pull air through the radiator as well.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
There is at least one place in Milwaukee, but I haven't been there (Oak and Shield Gaming Pub).

I have been trying barcades in Milwaukee and Chicago in recent years. Pinball, Asteroids and beer. (My idea of what heaven is like)

I know it originated in Chicago but really like the HQ Beercade we have in Nashville. Like the one in Chicago too.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I know it originated in Chicago but really like the HQ Beercade we have in Nashville. Like the one in Chicago too.

Ditto HQ in Chicago and the Emporium in the 2300 block of N. Milwaukee. I heard that they have 2 more locations in Chicago.

We have a local place called Up/Down in Milwaukee. It is packed on Fridays and Saturdays.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I like it, too. We had our office party there last year. Was quite a hit with our animators, and I think I surprised some of the youngsters with my pinball wizardry. I can't play a video game at all, though. My hands and brain just don't work right with the way they're made (Mr. Adz, on the other hand, is the number one player of a character on Smite--in the WORLD--for 3 or 4 years running now.)

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Anybody got a good solution for the ads that popup from the bottom every time I come here or load a new page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad