skate.jpeg

Reactions: Tex76

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Holder looks intact. Just tape it down :sarcasm:
To add to this, I think Duct Tape's on sale down at that Ace Hardware. Or if you want to be fancy, black Gorilla Tape. It's heavy duty.

I'm in such a weird mood. Couldn't sleep (there's your answer, folks) so I am running on about 4 hours at this point.

Reactions: Jonesey

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
To add to this, I think Duct Tape's on sale down at that Ace Hardware. Or if you want to be fancy, black Gorilla Tape. It's heavy duty.

I'm in such a weird mood. Couldn't sleep (there's your answer, folks) so I am running on about 4 hours at this point.

You got 4 hours?? Im jealous:confused:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Do the Preds still have a used equipment sale?

I think so.

I can't imagine how crowded those are these days. I haven't been in many years. 10+ years ago I could arrive a few minutes early and get my pick of brand new sticks for 50-60$ that would cost 200+ brand new retail. In 2008 I purchased Suter's brand new top of the line Reebok skates (fit me perfectly) for like 70 bucks. Retail would have been 600$+. I used them for 6 years before they broke down. I would imagine, with the popularity of the Preds now, it would be much harder to find those deals these days.

Reactions: PredsV82

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I think so.

I can't imagine how crowded those are these days. I haven't been in many years. 10+ years ago I could arrive a few minutes early and get my pick of brand new sticks for 50-60$ that would cost 200+ brand new retail. In 2008 I purchased Suter's brand new top of the line Reebok skates (fit me perfectly) for like 70 bucks. Retail would have been 600$+. I used them for 6 years before they broke down. I would imagine, with the popularity of the Preds now, it would be much harder to find those deals these days.
I went to one 2 years ago. It's definitely changed. I saw a Neal stick, it looked unused, for $75 (I kind of regret not buying it). I think the skates were over $100, but don't remember for sure.

They were doing it in shifts, too. Season ticket holders could get in first, then about an hour or two later it opened to the public. And they only let in a few people at a time to avoid a crush of people.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Flex Seal tape is awesome too...

I'm 1st in the HF Preds bracket challenge
I'm 2nd in the Steve Dangle bracket challenge
I'm 3rd in the National bracket challenge....

Which will last till Calgary chokes. LOL

EDIT: Second chance brackets. f*** you NHL, f*** you.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Flex Seal tape is awesome too...

I'm 1st in the HF Preds bracket challenge
I'm 2nd in the Steve Dangle bracket challenge
I'm 3rd in the National bracket challenge....

Which will last till Calgary chokes. LOL

EDIT: Second chance brackets. **** you NHL, **** you.

Yeah, that's just wrong.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Scooters everywhere....I suppose it's wrong to hope that many many journalists with camera crews trip over them during the draft and they publicly shame the city into banning them. I did see they are limiting scooters in some areas of the draft with enforcement ...... Oh and just saw metro police are arresting people this weekend and up to the draft , just for sitting on the sidewalk...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Scooters everywhere....I suppose it's wrong to hope that many many journalists with camera crews trip over them during the draft and they publicly shame the city into banning them. I did see they are limiting scooters in some areas of the draft with enforcement ...... Oh and just saw metro police are arresting people this weekend and up to the draft , just for sitting on the sidewalk...
Well, people shouldn't be sitting on the sidewalk. It's against codes, so law enforcement is in the right. They were being helpful by letting people know in advance, IMO:

"Any person who shall congregate with another or others in or on any public way so as to halt the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic and refuses to clear such public way when ordered by the city police or other lawful authority" (11.12.010)

People who sell things outside a business have to get a sidewalk encroachment permit for $100. I guess if you got a permit you could sit on the sidewalk. Ha!

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Well, people shouldn't be sitting on the sidewalk. It's against codes, so law enforcement is in the right. They were being helpful by letting people know in advance, IMO:

"Any person who shall congregate with another or others in or on any public way so as to halt the flow of vehicular or pedestrian traffic and refuses to clear such public way when ordered by the city police or other lawful authority" (11.12.010)

People who sell things outside a business have to get a sidewalk encroachment permit for $100. I guess if you got a permit you could sit on the sidewalk. Ha!

Meh, just like metro cleared out the homeless downtown from several places a month ago, metro is trying to clean up the city for the draft.
I have a problem with laws being enforced only when the media comes to town......

And in other news , college kids in California are burying scooters on the beach so people can't find them, lol....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Meh, just like metro cleared out the homeless downtown from several places a month ago, metro is trying to clean up the city for the draft.
I have a problem with laws being enforced only when the media comes to town......

And in other news , college kids in California are burying scooters on the beach so people can't find them, lol....
I clean my house better if I'm hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I don't have a problem with things getting done to show off the city in a better way. I love Nashville, I want it to look its best. If that means rules finally being followed or things getting done in a hurry, that's okay with me. Now just keep it going.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I clean my house better if I'm hosting Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I don't have a problem with things getting done to show off the city in a better way. I love Nashville, I want it to look its best. If that means rules finally being followed or things getting done in a hurry, that's okay with me. Now just keep it going.
If they kept it going is the key.. they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad