OT: Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
They don't have the man power because officers keep leaving.

I think they are understaffed by almost 200 right now, read it within last month..

Bad sign. I live in a smaller town outside metro and went to a "community meeting" about 6 months ago with a talk from the police force. Said it was getting harder and harder to staff..
$$, civilian hostility, body cams, cell phones etc.......growing big issue finding people..

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think they are understaffed by almost 200 right now, read it within last month..

Bad sign. I live in a smaller town outside metro and went to a "community meeting" about 6 months ago with a talk from the police force. Said it was getting harder and harder to staff..
$$, civilian hostility, body cams, cell phones etc.......growing big issue finding people..
Highest issue is them not getting raises they are promised and then stuff like this board they put in. Officers can go to towns around Nashville and make close to the same money without all of the political BS.

My brother is a Metro officer, they are way behind on the raises he was promised when he was hired over a decade ago.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Highest issue is them not getting raises they are promised and then stuff like this board they put in. Officers can go to towns around Nashville and make close to the same money without all of the political BS.

My brother is a Metro officer, they are way behind on the raises he was promised when he was hired over a decade ago.

I think it's the same everywhere. A Murfreesboro officer who's children go to my wife's school told her that there are only 4 officers on patrol at any one time in all of M'Boro (135k pop.) due to a personnel shortage. So I don't think they're really flocking elsewhere, unless it's to Williamson county or something (wouldn't shock me).

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
No, franklin sees issues with future and present staffing, and the Williamson county sheriffs are understaffed (but they have been for years, I think due to $)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I think it's the same everywhere. A Murfreesboro officer who's children go to my wife's school told her that there are only 4 officers on patrol at any one time in all of M'Boro (135k pop.) due to a personnel shortage. So I don't think they're really flocking elsewhere, unless it's to Williamson county or something (wouldn't shock me).
i find that very hard to believe. but if there is only 4 officers on duty at one time then wow...

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't really buy that, I've seen more than that together in one place. Hell Eagleville has 2 and that's a one stop light town lol.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Watching a show about our solar system with my 3 and 5 year old. I was posting on HF, so not paying too much attention. I look over and the older one has tears going. He says "But... w-w-what will h-h-happen to us when the s-s-sun blows up?"

My answer "We don't have to worry ab0ut that because we'll all be dead long before the Sun blows up" didn't help...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
For those of you who remember my eldest son, I am now allowed to publicly reveal that my first grandchild is due to arrive in October.

My youngest daughter and granddaughter will be three years apart:eek:o_O

Congratulations!!!

My daughter, as you will recall, made me a grandmother when she was barely 21. It has been fabulous. Jailbait Jr. is now almost 11. The one thing that I wish she'd had growing up was cousins but my son and my sister's 2 didn't want to start families so young and to this day there are no cousins for Bella. She coped with it well, made friends in my neighborhood and such, but they come and go. So your daughter and granddaughter will have a playmate at family gatherings and that will be great for them.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Of course the officers are going to play up how awful their jobs are. Politicking 101, yet they get all ******** when anyone so much as questions them.
I'll say this, in a place like Nashville it is not an easy job, and considering how some are always trying to take them down for doing that job I can't blame them for being defensive.

Now that doesn't mean you can't call BS when you see it, but knowing some of the things my brother has had to deal with and witness, it's a job I would never do. He's been shot at, he's had to watch women and children die in car fire, he's been accidentally tazed while trying to cuff someone, he's had fingers and other things broken, and yes he's had to shoot someone.

I've also learned some of the stuff you hear from the media isn't a lie, it just isn't the whole truth to make a story more sensational than what it is.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Another family member of the wrong side of the tracks, another illegitimate child discovered. I swear, my family could keep daytme TV running.

I'll be honest as long as they don't try and pass an income tax I don't pay one bit of attention to what they do.

Unless you live outside of Shelby/Davidson and sometimes Knox, state politics goes your way. The red boomer poverty counties just vote anything in that either hurts or f***s the aforementioned counties.

[Mod] edited for filter circumvention

Last edited by a moderator:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Unless you live outside of Shelby/Davidson and sometimes Knox, state politics goes your way. The red boomer poverty counties just vote anything in that either hurts or fvcks the aforementioned counties.
Good cause if the rest are anything like Nashville/Davidson Co. they have some serious dumbasses in charge.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'll be honest as long as they don't try and pass an income tax I don't pay one bit of attention to what they do.

You should at this point. It's quite the comedy act at the moment.

The Office of the Speaker of the House in Tennessee appears to have attempted to frame a black man who was protesting.

Did House Speaker's office attempt to frame activist?

Also, the Speaker ordered the chamber doors locked to keep legislators from leaving. Not sure on the legalities of this move, but clearly not a smart decision on his part.

Democratic lawmakers locked inside House chambers

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You should at this point. It's quite the comedy act at the moment.

The Office of the Speaker of the House in Tennessee appears to have attempted to frame a black man who was protesting.

Did House Speaker's office attempt to frame activist?

Also, the Speaker ordered the chamber doors locked to keep legislators from leaving. Not sure on the legalities of this move, but clearly not a smart decision on his part.

Democratic lawmakers locked inside House chambers

Eh we've just reached a situation where one group has been unchecked for too long and they think they can do what they want. It's the same mentality that got the Democrats completely crushed following the whole income tax deal when they thought they could just sneak in one afternoon and do what they wanted.

People will get tired of it and flush the system eventually. They just haven't done anything to really grab the whole state's attention yet.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Waaaaaait... politics? Here??

:sarcasm:

Being sarcastic because they nuked the politics board where most of my posting had been lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad