UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Coach said that Simpson was banged-up and didn't feel 'good' so they decided to rest him. I got the feeling he could have played if they had needed him, but no at this time of the season.

He was practicing this afternoon in a no contact jersey .

Reactions: Craig D

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Rassell is definitely out for the home opener Friday serving his game from the end of the Acadia game.

I was told that they would know on McIvor's status for the home opener today, from the Black Bears game. We were at the game Sunday, refs and coaches talked at length at the players benches at the end of game. Figured it was about the incident.

Cape Breton

Oct 9, 2019
AUS Champs March 6th, 2019 Game in Antigonish photos.......

Attachments

• IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0583.jpg
    IMG_0583.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0592.jpg
    IMG_0592.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Rob

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Rassell is definitely out for the home opener Friday serving his game from the end of the Acadia game.

I was told that they would know on McIvor's status for the home opener today, from the Black Bears game. We were at the game Sunday, refs and coaches talked at length at the players benches at the end of game. Figured it was about the incident.

According to tomorrow's Gleaner (which is online now) McIvor is eligible to play tomorrow.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
According to tomorrow's Gleaner (which is online now) McIvor is eligible to play tomorrow.

So, the NCAA has three Facemasking penalties. A Minor, Major (+GM at the discretion of the official)and Major+GM. Looking at the posted boxscore, it looks like they applied the second offense, a single Major and then tacked on a 10-min misconduct for not breaking apart. The misconducts will go on their season record, but no one misses a game.

Strange that they give the Ref the discretion of adding a GM. Either it's bad or not (Minor or Major+GM). The idea that it's 'kinda' bad, but not 'really bad' is odd.

47.1 Face Masks
A player shall not intentionally place or push with the open hand on the face mask.

The inadvertent or accidental placement of an open
hand on the face mask shall not be ruled a penalty.
PENALTY—Minor.

A player shall not move an open hand back and forth (e.g., facewashing) on
the face mask of an opponent.
PENALTY—Major. A game misconduct may be assessed at the discretion of the referee.

A player shall not grasp and pull or twist an opponent’s face mask.
PENALTY—Major and game misconduct or disqualification at the
discretion of the referee.

Reactions: FreddtFoyle

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I like the new jerseys way more than the ones from last year...but did they completely scrap those ones after just one season? If so, that seems costly.

Last edited:

Cape Breton

Oct 9, 2019
I am heading to Fred. to watch the games on Friday and Saturday.....just wondering when do they(Reds) practice and are they open to the public?

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I am heading to Fred. to watch the games on Friday and Saturday.....just wondering when do they(Reds) practice and are they open to the public?
They usually practice every day in the late afternoon, 3 or 4 pm, but I am not sure of their schedule this year. Practices are public usually. There are seldom people watching. They don't practice on game days or Sundays.

Cape Breton

Oct 9, 2019
They usually practice every day in the late afternoon, 3 or 4 pm, but I am not sure of their schedule this year. Practices are public usually. There are seldom people watching. They don't practice on game days or Sundays.
Thanks for the information......Cheers

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I’m sure most of you are already aware, but former UNB head coach, STU Tommies assistant coach , Calder trophy winner ,NHL 50 goal scorer and Fredericton native Danny Grant passed away today.

Reactions: Craig D and AUS Fan

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts but the Bookstore at UNB is now carrying REDS swag and will be doing so going forward. 10% Discount to Staff, Students and Season's Pass Holders. Selection of wearables, hats and mugs there right now. I am sure this will grow over time.

Reactions: Drummer

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
At the Game this Friday night against X, the 50/50 is starting at over $2500. Had a big pot go unclaimed last season. As if e needed extra incentive to see the REDS tangle with X. :)

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
I don't know if this has been mentioned in previous posts but the Bookstore at UNB is now carrying REDS swag and will be doing so going forward. 10% Discount to Staff, Students and Season's Pass Holders. Selection of wearables, hats and mugs there right now. I am sure this will grow over time.

Also, a dye-sublimated replica of the new white jersey will also be at the store sometime this fall - and - quite possibly some of the v4 Camo Jerseys (current version). We have to order a minimum of 12 Camo jerseys and it's likely the extras, needed to fill-out the order, will go to the bookstore.

Reactions: Craig D

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Also, a dye-sublimated replica of the new white jersey will also be at the store sometime this fall - and - quite possibly some of the v4 Camo Jerseys (current version). We have to order a minimum of 12 Camo jerseys and it's likely the extras, needed to fill-out the order, will go to the bookstore.
Well that is Great News! Our family is multi-year season pass holders and also a Red Brigade family to the team. We plan to go to Nationals this year and next so would gladly get in on purchasing three of those jerseys anytime!

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Anyone aware of a recruit on campus ? I noticed Summers and someone who I dont recognize as being on staff in any capacity sitting in suits at first thought it was Gagne but then I noticed he was sitting with his girlfriend . Have to wonder

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I wonder if we will see Gagne replace Carroll in the lineup for their next game against X? Besides scoring on his own goal he hasn't looked that great out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad