Not open for further replies.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
20190910_232542.jpg

Reactions: Craig D

SuperSquirrel

Aug 28, 2008
Pretty sure Lauzon won’t be suiting up for UNB this season. He is retiring from hockey due to lingering concussion issues.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Yup...sounds like he started getting symptoms again earlier this summer so that’s why he didn’t play in any of the rookie camp games this week. Unfortunate for him, but probably the smart long-term move.

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Yup...sounds like he started getting symptoms again earlier this summer so that’s why he didn’t play in any of the rookie camp games this week. Unfortunate for him, but probably the smart long-term move.
The entire situation is sad all together , I can’t imagine in a 2 year span having gone from being picked in the second round , to your career being done at 20. Wish nothing but the best for him!!!!

Reactions: Craig D and Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
FYI - Thursday and Friday - not on the weekend. Wouldn't want you to go looking for them on Saturday only to have missed both. I doubt there would be video, but you never know. I couldn't find a link.

Thursday's game is at 6pm (7pm AST)
Friday's game is at 5pm (6pm AST)

Good call...I thought they were Fri/Sat. Thanks for the correction.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
FYI - Thursday and Friday - not on the weekend. Wouldn't want you to go looking for them on Saturday only to have missed both. I doubt there would be video, but you never know. I couldn't find a link.

Thursday's game is at 6pm (7pm AST)
Friday's game is at 5pm (6pm AST)

Why would they play Friday at 5 pm local time?

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
The entire situation is sad all together , I can’t imagine in a 2 year span having gone from being picked in the second round , to your career being done at 20. Wish nothing but the best for him!!!!

Lauzon was here in Fredericton for camp with the REDS and was planning to go to Pittsburgh - it all changed with what I heard was a routine bump on the ice at a practice and his symptoms came back. Smart move to move on from the game and think about his long-term health.

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Any news/rumours on the new exhibition game?

Was told by Reds staff that the main reason the game in Truro was cancelled to start this week was pressure from Deans and team missing the entire week this week from class. Would have played Monday, got in late Monday night...Tuesday a possible wash classes and they are travelling to Toronto today for the games Thursday and Friday. Coach Mac will get us an extra game in there somewhere.

Small group of us are heading to Orono for the game on October 6th against the Black Bears. Looking forward to that!

Reactions: FreddtFoyle

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Kinda OT , but was in at the rink today , and walked past the plack for Mike Cavanagh and then moments later was sitting staring into the rafters at Mark Jeffrey’s banner, and I got to wondering , why was a banner never raised for Mike? I don’t believe the number 6 was officially retired , but I also am pretty confident in saying it’s been out of circulation since his passing. It can’t be to hard to put a banner up, we’ve got tons of practice with that... I personally feel like this is a long overdue tribute ....

Last edited:

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Kinda OT , but was in at the rink today , and walked past the plack for Mike Cavanagh and then moments later was sitting staring into the rafters at Mark Jeffrey’s banner, and I got to wondering , why was a banner never raised for Mike? I don’t believe the number 6 was officially retired , but I also am pretty confident in saying it’s been out of circulation since his passing. It can’t be to hard to put a banner up, we’ve got tons of practice with that... I personally feel like this is a long overdue tribute ....

His number is considered 'retired' - no coach since has allowed it to be used. Jeff Andrews moved to #26 the next season as #16 was already taken. No one has worn #6 since.

Yes - if you're going to place a plaque at the front door, you're basically saying he's special and you should retire his number. I think it was too close to when Mark passed away and there might have been a thought it would cause an avalanche of retired numbers - what about Punchy Walker?

That said - I don't believe there is much traction for the idea with the department at this time, but I'm happy they continued to respect the unofficial retiring of the number.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
His number is considered 'retired' - no coach since has allowed it to be used. Jeff Andrews moved to #26 the next season as #16 was already taken. No one has worn #6 since.

Yes - if you're going to place a plaque at the front door, you're basically saying he's special and you should retire his number. I think it was too close to when Mark passed away and there might have been a thought it would cause an avalanche of retired numbers - what about Punchy Walker?

That said - I don't believe there is much traction for the idea with the department at this time, but I'm happy they continued to respect the unofficial retiring of the number.

Awhile ago, UNB Hockey said they really weren't interested in retiring numbers, other than Jeffrey's.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Their 3 game pre-season schedule ultimately resulted in 4 periods of hockey.

Between that and the recruiting struggles this summer/lack of bodies, it’s certainly been a weird start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad