UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
That is a good question. It was more than the hurricane. They were supposed to have an Open House Sep 5 and that got cancelled as they were still working inside. The hurricane affected the ice. I'm not sure if it was a total loss,but it doesn't really matter because they're still doing stuff. I'm gonna try to get to the big city on Tuesday and may be able to bring some news.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Just drove past the AUC and noticed the outside banners still haven’t been updated. They’re really leaving that to the last minute this year...it usually gets done sometime during the summer.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Goulet with the hat trick tonight. Hope this is an auspicious sign for the rest of the season. Don’t think he has shown us his full potential yet.

Bennett with 2g and 2a. Most likely to be the team’s scoring leader this season.

Nice to see Waitling out there. Hope he stays injury free.

Parenteau with the start which is fair. Harvey probably in against Acadia Saturday.

Reactions: Drummer

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Reds outshot Boston College 37-21, almost 2-1, but lose 4-2.
With Parenteau playing Saturday, I would assume Harvey will start against Maine.
BC picked as early favourites in Hockey East, by coaches poll.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Haven’t noticed Simpson tonight , hopefully he isn’t hurt .

Good catch...didn’t even realize he wasn’t out there. That would explain Gagne playing forward.

Wonder if that McIvor penalty means he will be out a game? I can never remember how discipline carries over from NCAA games to AUS play.

They can ill afford injuries/suspensions this early.

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Good catch...didn’t even realize he wasn’t out there. That would explain Gagne playing forward.

Wonder if that McIvor penalty means he will be out a game? I can never remember how discipline carries over from NCAA games to AUS play.

They can ill afford injuries/suspensions this early.
Pretty sure McIvor's penalty will cost him Friday's game.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I noticed Rassell also got a game misconduct near the end of last weekend’s game against Acadia...so he will also be out on Friday.

Going to be a pretty short bench...

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
That was the worst Maine team I've ever seen. God help them this season, even if they do have a 6'8" goalie.

Maine’s number one goalie - Bruins 4th rounder Jeremy Swayman - didn’t play yesterday after they left him in to face 60 shots the night before against Providence...although I’m not sure that would’ve made any difference given their complete lack of offense.

Reactions: FreddtFoyle

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Apparently they are unveiling new white jerseys for the home opener...any idea what they may be? Perhaps a white version of the ‘New Brunswick’ or ‘Red Devils’ ones?

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
I noticed Rassell also got a game misconduct near the end of last weekend’s game against Acadia...so he will also be out on Friday.

Going to be a pretty short bench...

He might have served that vs Boston. Exhibition games are 'games' provided they are on the schedule prior to the infraction. You can't 'add' an exhibition games in an effort to avoid a suspension impacting a real game, but in this case - it was an established game on the team's schedule.

McIvor is definitely out for the home opener.

Coach said that Simpson was banged-up and didn't feel 'good' so they decided to rest him. I got the feeling he could have played if they had needed him, but no at this time of the season.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
That was the worst Maine team I've ever seen. God help them this season, even if they do have a 6'8" goalie.

Yup - a pretty mundane team. Lots of effort, but no top-end talent that can put the puck in the net. Their power-play, normally their 'go-to' for offence vs USPORTS teams and wins the game as USPORTS teams take a lot of penalties, was non-existent. Also, UNB was very disciplined, so not a lot of power-plays for UMaine - coach was very happy about that.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
He might have served that vs Boston. Exhibition games are 'games' provided they are on the schedule prior to the infraction. You can't 'add' an exhibition games in an effort to avoid a suspension impacting a real game, but in this case - it was an established game on the team's schedule.

McIvor is definitely out for the home opener.

Coach said that Simpson was banged-up and didn't feel 'good' so they decided to rest him. I got the feeling he could have played if they had needed him, but no at this time of the season.

I double checked the BC box score and Rassell is listed as having 3 SOG and was a -1 so it appears he played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad