UNB Varsity Reds Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Noticed this as well. Certainly “looked” like a player.
We do already have our first new recruit for January on campus and taking courses...looks like some size, toughness and physical play...Dylan Seitz, recently with Moncton Wildcats.

Craig D

Sep 5, 2019
Has Seitz been confirmed?
Seitz is a big player with good two way instincts - he will fit right in on the REDS and add some toughness. He was the odd man out in Moncton earlier this month as an overager. I did see him sitting with Tanner S at the games on the weekend.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Webcast down, seems to me this isn’t the first time Dal has had issues webcasting a game... on a positive note , according to the AUS live stats , Bennett is in the lineup tonight , Gagne is out .

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
The webcasts have been pretty unreliable so far this year...it didn’t work for the game against Acadia in Wolfville, the replay for the home opener still wasn’t available last time I looked, and now tonight.

It hasn’t helped either that the Twitter updates have been virtually non-existent so far this season.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
It hasn’t helped either that the Twitter updates have been virtually non-existent so far this season.
Point in case, webcast has been up for 11 minutes and not even a tweet to let people know
Edit: I lied, Dal did send out a tweet, nonetheless, been a frustrating year trying to follow AUS hockey !

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Point in case, webcast has been up for 11 minutes and not even a tweet to let people know
Edit: I lied, Dal did send out a tweet, non the less, been a frustrating year trying to follow AUS hockey !

The UNB Reds Twitter has been doing most of the updates this year.

The UNB Men’s Hockey account has been largely invisible...a few tweets per game, and nothing so far tonight. Look at Acadia’s hockey Twitter and it’s night and day difference.

Reactions: Drummer

cishockeyfan

Nov 5, 2007
While UNB has a good team and they have as good of a chance as anyone to win it all this year, there is one thing missing from this team that they've had for several years now. That main guy, the go to player who stands above the rest of the lineup.

The past couple of years it's been Chris Clapperton, before that Phil Maillet, Hunter Tremblay, Rob Hennigar etc.

Reactions: Drummer and dm8895

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
cishockeyfan, I would add another name to that list of standout players. He was a "go to" player for UNB both offensively and defensively but was a "Team First" player who was quite content setting up his teammates for all 5 years that he played.

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
cishockeyfan, I would add another name to that list of standout players. He was a "go to" player for UNB both offensively and defensively but was a "Team First" player who was quite content setting up his teammates for all 5 years that he played.
Did he happen to wear #57? ;)

rethinking

Mar 4, 2013
Actually, I think UNB has been blessed with several "Main Guy" players and three of them played together for 2 very strong seasons. They've also had several standout D men over the years.
Hunter Tremblay 50.25 pts / season + 28 / season
Rob Hennigar 44.25 pts / season + 11.5 / season
Phil Maillet 41.2 pts / season + 21.5 / season
Chris Culligan 34.2 pts / season + 19.8 / season
Kyle Bailey 30.6 pts / season + 16.2 / season
Chris Clapperton 29.5 pts / season + 16.75 / season

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Actually, I think UNB has been blessed with several "Main Guy" players and three of them played together for 2 very strong seasons. They've also had several standout D men over the years.
Plus if we wanna look a little further back, Ryan Lindsay had 114pts in 81 AUS games!

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
While we are being all nostalgic of UNB stars of the MacDougall era , who do you think are the top D? Friesen,Gallant,Murray ,Harty, Gazz, and now Murphy .I’d chuck the 1.5 seasons of Kevin Young in as well, he’s in my opinion the best CIS dman I have ever seen

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
While we are being all nostalgic of UNB stars of the MacDougall era , who do you think are the top D? Friesen,Gallant,Murray ,Harty, Gazz, and now Murphy .I’d chuck the 1.5 seasons of Kevin Young in as well, he’s in my opinion the best CIS dman I have ever seen

I think you pretty much covered all of them.

While I realize they are probably in the tier below the aforementioned, I also really liked Breton Stamler (quiet, business-like, not flashy but got the job done, although didn’t put up the points the others did) and Ben Shutron (phenomenal rookie season, would have loved to see what he could’ve done had he not got injured as I don’t think he ever fully got back to that level).

EDIT - I would also add Ferguson and Wall as guys I liked.

Last edited:

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB

They have obviously had their share of top players over the last 20 years that’s for sure. However, with all due respect to the latter three guys, the first three are “all-time” type guys...I think they are on a level all by themselves.

We can say this year’s team doesn’t have a “the guy”, but those guys don’t grow on trees. We have just been lucky/spoiled to witness a handful of them over the last decade. I think that’s the exception and shouldn’t be considered the norm.

In terms of some of the lesser known guys, I especially liked Stonier, Boisvert, Dickson, Todd, Wiebe, Pridham, Carroll, Brace, and Boudens.

Last edited:

dm8895

Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
If we are going one step further , every one agree on Ouzas and Fullerton as the goaltenders of the dynasty era ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad