Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Faster flights home? Being rich in LA is pretty great, surprised they couldn’t sell him on it.
Think he just wants to be close to his family. No matter how much money if you get further and further away.

Would be interesting to hear what the returning pieces would've been.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
In case this wasn’t posted, it sounds like the rumors that Ullmark declined a trade to Los Angeles were unfounded. He did decline a trade, but not to LA.

Perhaps the rumored LA trade just didn’t get far enough along. This is corroborated by one of LA’s media members, who gets some stuff right (but has a penchant for being… overly kind to LA management):

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
In case this wasn’t posted, it sounds like the rumors that Ullmark declined a trade to Los Angeles were unfounded. He did decline a trade, but not to LA.

Perhaps the rumored LA trade just didn’t get far enough along. This is corroborated by one of LA’s media members, who gets some stuff right (but has a penchant for being… overly kind to LA management):

I have to disagree with this completely! There weren't a lot of teams looking for a goalie. Avs, Oilers wouldn't have the right assets and cap room for Ullmark. Devils seemed to be only going after Markstrom. So it had to be the Kings. The Mayor, who is kind of a media mouth piece for the Kings, said it wasn't them to kind of do damage control. This was something that wasn't supposed to get leaked out, yet it did.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Dubois to Boston rumours lol what a time to be alive. This guy will play in Switzerland in two years.

That's why he wanted such a huge salary, you need to be on $8.5m to afford to live there.

I have to disagree with this completely! There weren't a lot of teams looking for a goalie. Avs, Oilers wouldn't have the right assets and cap room for Ullmark. Devils seemed to be only going after Markstrom. So it had to be the Kings. The Mayor, who is kind of a media mouth piece for the Kings, said it wasn't them to kind of do damage control. This was something that wasn't supposed to get leaked out, yet it did.

It was Vegas. I have no evidence of this, but let's face it, it was probably Vegas

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think that's how typically how teams have started doing it. They probably let the kings know that they were on the NTC and they negotiated from there with the understanding that Ullmark could veto it. I think teams don't take it to the player until the last step

That's seems like a waste of time and resources if true. That doesn't make any sense, why would they spend time on making ideal not knowing if it'll actually happen?

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
That's seems like a waste of time and resources if true. That doesn't make any sense, why would they spend time on making ideal not knowing if it'll actually happen?
Dunno, but look at Krug, look at this. The devils and flames had been talking for a while before markstrom was approached if you believe reports.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t believe Seravalli made this up or is completely wrong. He’s a very reliable source for news. Most likely Ullmark vetoed a trade to another team and there was also an Ullmark to Kings trade that never got as far as Ullmark vetoing it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
A faster flight to europe is not from LA. Regardless, he nixed tghe trade, but it was a trade to San Jose, not LA.

Right I mean he rejected it vs Boston because it’s an awful flight. And a Hertl based SJ trade makes a f*** ton of sense.

Because you can’t go to the player for the 50 times it doesn’t get anywhere and keep their vibes up.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Kings fans wouldve been in heaven if it was PLD for Ullmark lol

If anyone could ruin Boston's winning culture singlehandedly, it would probably be a guy like PLD. I doubt the Bruins would do that.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Too bad, I am going to lose it when Boston lets this sieve choke away 3rd playoff run in row.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
He’s looking to stay in Newton

Good to see I’d rather keep Ullmark
Why though? Didn't really make sense to move him this year although if it was for roster help maybe. I think they have to move him in the off season. Swayman's coming raise on it's own will force their hand. I'll assume the return just wasn't enough. I thought his ntc was just for the first two years.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Boston has a strong enough culture and locker room to where if PLD is ever going to fall in line, that would be an ideal place.

Hmm, I'm no expert but that's also the team that couldn't handle Thornton or Seguin. Nor did they feel they could handle drafting Mathew Barzal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Why though? Didn't really make sense to move him this year although if it was for roster help maybe. I think they have to move him in the off season. Swayman's coming raise on it's own will force their hand. I'll assume the return just wasn't enough. I thought his ntc was just for the first two years.
Keep Ullmark this season - should have added that

I expect him traded in June

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Hmm, I'm no expert but that's also the team that couldn't handle Thornton or Seguin. Nor did they feel they could handle drafting Mathew Barzal.
Thornton was traded because they knew he wasn't going to lead them to a cup....and they were right.
Seguin was dealt because he was into the bar scene WAY too much. Bruins didn't want to deal with that stuff again.
As for Barzal, glad they didn't take him, as he's turned into 60pt tweener, who makes 9m+ a year.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
So if Ullmark hates LA would he be willing to come to Ottawa? We're like the exact opposite geographically :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad