Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
GM using Seravalli to do their unofficial communications job to fans. Where have I seen this in the last 48 hours?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't think PLD was ever in play with that new big contract he was given. Don Sweeney would have been fired and the Bruins fans would have staked him on broken wood hockey sticks if that had happened!

Ullmark vetoed whatever trade it was because he didn't want to leave his good buddy Swayman, as they have that big hug thing going!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
If that is the case I think they should have gone Ullmark before there was just hours left before the deadline.........

Go to him before there is a deal worked out and say "aw never mind"? I mean how many TDL conversations get had that go no where. Hard disagree. You approach when you have to.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
LA is a great place to live and play hockey, but it can’t offer the ease of travel that the northeastern teams can. I think people really underestimate how big a factor travel can be, especially for guys with families.
LA is a dump now unless you are wealthy, and even if I was wealthy why would I live in a city that is literally crumpling by the day(I really do know since I live in LA!)?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bruins wouldn't have wanted a goalie back (Bussi is NHL ready and needs waivers next year but is obviously blocked right now) and with McAvoy and Carlo on the right side, Roy doesn't make a lot of sense, either.
IDK I could totally see one of those coming back in the deal (though not adding a ton of value).

No way you go into the playoffs with Bussi as the backup. Both Talbot and Rittich are done at the end of the year and are cheap $ for the rest of this season. It would be worth it to have one just for peace of mind going into the playoffs.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think the deal was probably SOMETHING LIKE Ullmark for Talbot+Roy+conditional 1st+high prospect(I put Talbot/Roy to make the money work). But it doesn't really matter because Ullmark nixed it.

Reactions: JKG33

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Does it actually? I'm surprised too.

Seems like a place you'd want to play. Big market, nice weather, & low media/fan recognition.
LA is constantly the bridesmaid not the bride. Especially with UFAs. They are rumored and are in on guys, often linked to being down to one of few destinations. Always ends up elsewhere. Danault is LA's biggest and best UFA signing since.......I really do not know.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I don't think PLD was ever in play with that new big contract he was given. Don Sweeney would have been fired and the Bruins fans would have staked him on broken wood hockey sticks if that had happened!

Ullmark vetoed whatever trade it was because he didn't want to leave his good buddy Swayman, as they have that big hug thing going!
Maybe LA was retaining to bring the contract down to $5M? We will never know.

Evergreen

LA is a dump now unless you are wealthy, and even if I was wealthy why would I live in a city that is literally crumpling by the day(I really do know since I live in LA!)?
I lived in LA for 6 years until 2021 and have been back 2 or 3 times per year since. I think it’s a great city. I don’t buy into the political crap about how it’s a city in decline. It’s certainly expensive but if you’re a millionaire there that doesn’t matter so much.

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
I think that's how typically how teams have started doing it. They probably let the kings know that they were on the NTC and they negotiated from there with the understanding that Ullmark could veto it. I think teams don't take it to the player until the last step
This process differs by GM and in all likelihood is situational based on the player/cap situation/pieces involved

I lived in LA for 6 years until 2021 and have been back 2 or 3 times per year since. I think it’s a great city. I don’t buy into the political crap about how it’s a city in decline. It’s certainly expensive but if you’re a millionaire there that doesn’t matter so much.
100% accurate

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
wrong. If it was futures and "dumps", Boston would have just waited until the summer.
Talbot/Roy are not dumps! Their rentals that would actually have a big impact if used in the playoffs. Let's be real, Ullmarks value sunk with Swayman taking over the #1 job and his play dropping this year after having a ridiculously great year last season winning the Vezina and helping the Bruins set the NHL record for the best regular season record ever.

Then you have been politically misinformed!

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This process differs by GM and in all likelihood is situational based on the player/cap situation/pieces involved

100% accurate
100% opposite of accurate. LA has become a dump, as the city is falling apart daily! Funny how somebody said they live their till 2021. A lot has gone for worse in 3 years and visiting a couple times in safe areas are a lot different from living there regularly! I used to visit once a Summer as teenager growing up, but now that I live regularly since 2009, LA has mostly lost its luster! Fact, LA tourism has gone into a complete plunge and has had a negative affect on the cities economy along with many other issues.

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
LA is constantly the bridesmaid not the bride. Especially with UFAs. They are rumored and are in on guys, often linked to being down to one of few destinations. Always ends up elsewhere. Danault is LA's biggest and best UFA signing since.......I really do not know.
Since Willie Mitchell.

Reactions: Lt Dan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
IDK I could totally see one of those coming back in the deal (though not adding a ton of value).

No way you go into the playoffs with Bussi as the backup. Both Talbot and Rittich are done at the end of the year and are cheap $ for the rest of this season. It would be worth it to have one just for peace of mind going into the playoffs.
Talbot yes, but Rittich no. As good as Rittich's numbers have been this season, he's not a goalie you would want to rely on at all in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad