Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I don’t believe Seravalli made this up or is completely wrong. He’s a very reliable source for news. Most likely Ullmark vetoed a trade to another team and there was also an Ullmark to Kings trade that never got as far as Ullmark vetoing it.
Yeah, he’s the same guy who was telling everyone that the Kings were trading for Chychrun, too. When it comes to the Kings, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, he’s the same guy who was telling everyone that the Kings were trading for Chychrun, too. When it comes to the Kings, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
I mean you can’t comprehend words might be bigger issue

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
He didn’t waive because of his family. Maybe they re-visit the trade in the summer. Moving your family across country in the middle of the season is tough

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dunno, but look at Krug, look at this. The devils and flames had been talking for a while before markstrom was approached if you believe reports.

In cases like Markstrom tho, the team probably assumes he would waive and with good reason. NJ is much closer to being a cup contender than Calgary. Its not like they were trying to trade him to the Sharks.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wonder if he's open to heading out there in the offseason and just didn't wanna be uprooted during the season?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
In cases like Markstrom tho, the team probably assumes he would waive and with good reason. NJ is much closer to being a cup contender than Calgary. Its not like they were trying to trade him to the Sharks.

I'm sure there are cases that have different circumstances. But we've seen players invoke their clauses after deals are agreed to, whatever the rain, which says that teams are at least sometimes not going to the player until the end.

I agree it's a waste of time, but it happens. My guess is that teams don't want to go to the player every time there's an inquiry from another team and would like for it to at least get to a certain point of the negotiations. Sometimes it seems like they get to the end (or closer to it)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Thornton was traded because they knew he wasn't going to lead them to a cup....and they were right.
Seguin was dealt because he was into the bar scene WAY too much. Bruins didn't want to deal with that stuff again.
As for Barzal, glad they didn't take him, as he's turned into 60pt tweener, who makes 9m+ a year.

Exactly. They don't fix guys. They just dump them or not even draft them. They drafted three ok players instead of the one all star. They sometimes tried to, but when they did, it didn't work.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Teams will have enough respect to the player to not ask to waive their NTC until they have otherwise completed the deal, but when they do they’ll get like 20 minutes to make a decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad