Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Is this the deal that was nixed by Ullmark or a pivot deal that ran out of time after the first deal with another team was nixed by Ullmark?

We may never know.
Eklund reported "Ullmark to Kings (e3)" a couple of hours before the deadline, so I imagine that it's the deal that fell through. Also, the stated reason of "geography" does make a little sense, since Boston and LA are almost as far away from each other as two teams can be.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I doubt PLD was in play. Ultimately, this is good. I think most LA fans didn't want Blake to make a desperate move while his neck was in the noose. There is no rental deal that is going to severely change or alter how this postseason goes for better or worse. There really was no need to burn high picks or young players/prospects on a job saving prayer.

ReggiesLemons

Jul 4, 2013
Eklund reported "Ullmark to Kings (e3)" a couple of hours before the deadline, so I imagine that it's the deal that fell through. Also, the stated reason of "geography" does make a little sense, since Boston and LA are almost as far away from each other as two teams can be.
For sure. He played in Buffalo before Boston so sounds like he wants to keep his family in that general area. That is what I assume anyways.

Reactions: Osprey

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I can't speak for the Bruins needs, but from knowing the Kings well I can assume Kaliyev would have been part of the deal, one of Talbot or Rittich (just for a positional swap) and potentially Matt Roy and/or the Kings' 1st round pick in this or next years draft.

Reactions: Isles72 and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad