Seravalli: Ullmark to Kings fell through

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
PLD = $8.5 million
Talbot = $1 million

Ullmark = $5 million

That's a net increase of $4.5 million for the Bruins. They have less than $100k in space and less than $2 million in LTIR. Not sure how they swing that without sending at least Debrusk back and I can't see LA retaining on PLD for 7 years.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
I didn't read through this entire thread but I've read it was potentially Matt Roy and a 1st coming back from Ullmark.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Roy is not a "dump". He's a good defenseman and the one piece I wish Blake would have traded for futures since there is zero chance we have cap to sign him after this season, but alas. Blake gonna Blake.

Well yeah, that's what the quotes are for. But, for a team with McAvoy and Carlo on the right side, its not full value.

I just assumed it was gonna be Ullmark + DeBrusk for PLD.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Well.. to be fair PLD played his best game as an LA King last night.

Maybe Boston saw that.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Why ? He got a retirement contract from the Kings and they sure the hell aren't buying him out to be stuck with a 14 year buy out penalty.
Have you seen the buyout numbers? It would be irresponsible to NOT buy him out this summer. They would save over $40 million and a ton of cap space.

Reactions: yankeeking

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Please let PLD have been involved and shut it down due to a NTC/NMC.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Why exactly would Boston want to split up their goaltending duo? Did they not learn last year against Florida what happens if you put all your eggs in a single starter's basket?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
LA is a dump now unless you are wealthy, and even if I was wealthy why would I live in a city that is literally crumpling by the day(I really do know since I live in LA!)?
For the most part the players only work in LA as very few live in LA. But the beach areas they live in are absolutely beautiful and a great place to live.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I'm trying to think of the last time a GOOD organization traded away several valuable assets for a questionable one that was then feted to a massive retirement contract, only to want to desperately trade away that asset 9 months later, only to have that deal nixed by the guy you were trying to trade for.

It reminds me a lot of Russell Wilson and Denver though. Not a good look.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why the heck is anyone thinking PLD was part of the package? MASSIVE CAP DUMP right now, vs a goalie who is actually wanted by numerous teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad