Pre-Game Talk: Uhhh, What do we do now? Leafs vs Devils in what will feel like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can't think of a better time to play the Bruins really. They're having real problems scoring right now.

you realise that they call us slumpbusters for a reason right? :laugh:

seriously - while i think we'll be able to win both of our games, whatever happens in game will not surprise me

Asif16*

Can't think of a better time to play the Bruins really. They're having real problems scoring right now.

Well they face FLORIDA of all teams before playing us.

Knowing our luck, theyll find their offense and beat the panther 7-1. :shakehead

leafstilldeath*

Thats funny because I was reading the PGT for the bruins and they thought that we were going to blow them up on saturday if they continue to play like that. :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bruins are pretty healthy and we are not. Also, Bruins and our record is pretty much the same. So that is why I was giving some edge to the Bruins.

They are healthy
They will be rested

We are not healthy
We are playing back to back

We may discuss the outcome of the game one way or another but one thing is a given: We are getting killed on the FOs lol

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

Bruins are pretty healthy and we are not. Also, Bruins and our record is pretty much the same. So that is why I was giving some edge to the Bruins.

They are healthy
They will be rested

We are not healthy

We may discuss the outcome of the game one way or another but one thing is a given: We are getting killed on the FOs lol

Idk about that. If Carlyle can get McClement or Smithson out there for most of the defensive zone face-offs, we'll be fine. Smithson is pretty good at the draws and defensively.

Asif16*

They are healthy
They will be rested

We are not healthy

Well that smithson guy is supposed to be pretty good apparently. Gonna have his work cut for him lol.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
long break + coming back from a western road trip, anyone who watches hockey knows that the leafs will be extremely sluggish, hopefully all the bag skates will help us out here and we will need another solid goaltending performance to win the game, i know it sounds as if im making the devils out to be this mighty team but yeah due to scheduling it is what it is

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully the practice days they have gotten in (besides getting those mandatory days off out of the way) will pay off. Big test for JVR coming up and the team itself needs to raise their game as a whole. Can certainly do it, just a matter of putting it all together.

Need a strong game against the Devils.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like Gunner may sit. Lines at practice

Phaneuf-Franson
Gardiner-Rielly
Fraser-Ranger
Gunner-Liles

Penalty Kill Icing*

Looks like Gunner may sit. Lines at practice

Phaneuf-Franson
Gardiner-Rielly
Fraser-Ranger
Gunner-Liles

Nope. That was just early in practice.

Fraser paired with Paul Ranger today. Jake Gardiner moves up to play with Cody Franson. Rielly paired with John-Michael Liles this morning.

Leafs D pairs now during next drill.

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Fraser-Ranger
Gardiner-Franson
Rielly-Liles

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has any indication been given on Fraser or Liles getting in?

Penalty Kill Icing*

What a bunch of B.S Rielly with Liles..not a good sign. If Rielly sits ahead of Ranger I'm going to flip

So coach is sitting out a player who gets scored on the most?

Lets rage!!! :facepalm:

Penalty Kill Icing*

They should put Franson and Fraser back together.

To be honest, only reason Franson is not sitting (from my guess) is that he had success with Fraser.

Either of Franson or Rielly could've been scratched. I am fine with either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
McClement is back. Thank God.

It will be good for Rielly to watch a game from above. It does make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad