Pre-Game Talk: Uhhh, What do we do now? Leafs vs Devils in what will feel like a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

That's what playing with Franson will do. Franson has pretty much caused all the problems for that pairing.

I agree to an extent, however there are mistakes by rielly which have been his fault too. there should be no issue with rielly siting out, as he is young so there is no need to put him in the line up every night. I am sure he will motivate himself to play better. If there is one thing I know, the kid won't get down on himself, he will play better the next time.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Don't mind Rielly sitting out for a game. Maybe he needs to take a step back and look at where his game is at today and watch some vids of his game from Vancouver. Everyone can tell he's got so much talent and potential but he's still growing.

The Leafs are just unlucky with injuries right now and all I wish for the winter classic is that everyone is healthy and they start rolling with wins again.

mikebel111*

Hahaha... "caused all the problems"

Right.

Sigh...

Some of you are way to blinded by your love of Rielly. Get over it.

he will be a great player, but he is making some major errors too, so it's good he gets a breather.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
If Rielly was playing that good and Franson that bad, Rielly would be getting the playing time.

BayStreetBullies*

If Rielly was playing that good and Franson that bad, Rielly would be getting the playing time.

He's been getting a fair amount of playing time for a rookie, I don't think anyone should expect more than that right now.

Asif16*

Hahaha... "caused all the problems"

Right.

Sigh...

Some of you are way to blinded by your love of Rielly. Get over it.

Finally the truth has been spoken. Reilly has played good.

Great or amazing?? No, but that something we all saw coming considering he is a rookie. He is still learning the game and has a long way to. Dude will be a great player in the NHL.

But yes i agree some of you are completely blinded by your love of reilly. Yes, franson has been awful but you cant blame all of it on him. There are def plays where it was REILLY's mistake.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I know it was probably obvious but Smithson in vs. devils

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=690473

Also Fraser "likely" in...

Defenceman Mark Fraser is expected to return to the Leafs' lineup Friday night against the Devils after missing more than a month with a left knee injury.

"There's been no real hard-copy memo sent my way," Fraser said. "But I think between myself and the coaching staff and the training staff, I think that we all feel like I'm comfortable to get back in it."

Mr Scarface*

I know it was probably obvious but Smithson in vs. devils

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=690473

Also Fraser "likely" in...

Defenceman Mark Fraser is expected to return to the Leafs' lineup Friday night against the Devils after missing more than a month with a left knee injury.

"There's been no real hard-copy memo sent my way," Fraser said. "But I think between myself and the coaching staff and the training staff, I think that we all feel like I'm comfortable to get back in it."
Real good seeing our dirty 4th line being very, very big and intimidating tomorrow. Orr and Mclaren are two big kahunas and now they have a friend in between... other teams are looking at us real hard right now.

Fraser's return will make us even more huge and harder. He does it all in the defense. Blocks, throws, eats and makes others pay. What a hard ass for Carly.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Rielly pays the price for Franson and Ranger sucking.

Franson has been AWFUL. I expect Gardiner to be brought down by the anchor that is Franson. Terrible decision making, bad pinches.

Franson has probably applied for a patent on his pinches that lead to 2 on 1's. Nobody executes it better than him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Also: we're still 2nd in the Atlantic!

okay - so is there any guesses on our lineup? I want to get the GDT live before I go to bed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Raymond - Kadri - Clarkson
Kulemin - McClement - Bodie
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnersson
Gardiner - Franson
Ranger - Fraser

Bernier
Reimer

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I think my fellow Leafs fans need to have a bit more faith. We're selling the farm in wishful trades without seeing if our guys will step up and face adversity. If they won't at the start of the season with many in contract years and a few hoping to make olympic teams, they'll disappear in the playoffs, if we make it. Good coaching and buying into a system and executing what's asked of you goes a long way. Look at the Blues, the Stars, and the Wings.

Well, to be honest, you should only be concerned if Leafs management starts making trades like you suggest. What a bunch of fans on an Internet sit think is pretty meaningless when it comes to what actually happens with the team.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Lupul - JVR - Kessel
Raymond - Kadri - Clarkson
Kulemin - McClement - Bodie
McLaren - Smithson - Orr

Phaneuf - Gunnersson
Gardiner - Franson
Ranger - Fraser

Bernier
Reimer

thank you kindly! :)

(i really should stop looking at others GDTS. lol they always look so much nicer than mine).

glg51*

That's what playing with Franson will do. Franson has pretty much caused all the problems for that pairing.

Difference is if Rielly pinches... Franson saves his ass but when Franson pinches, Rielly gets owned.

Get the Franson - Fraser pair going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad