Post-Game Talk: Ugly win is still a win

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Couple observations:

That was full on Shaq Horri-awful!!

That might have been the worst ice I have ever seen in an NHL game... maybe?

Must be nice to play a complete garbage game and win. How bad are the Red Wings?

If that is the team that shows up for the playoffs, it's gonna be a short ride! ** I in no way expect that to be the case

Tampa lost 2-1 to NJ, maybe it's a short ride for them too.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I was at a get together with the game on in the background so I had a limited look at the game. Looked to me like the Leafs were outplayed for 2 and a half periods and then got mad and turned it up and took the game from Detroit.

beleaf101

Aug 9, 2009
He had a terrific rush, other than that he didn't do anything at all.
The rush ended with the winning goal, a tap in. In the last minute we are running around in our own end Marleau gets on the ice game over.

Funny how Kadri is having his best year with Marleau on his wing l guess that nothing to.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Nylander should of got an assist for the vision and patience to wait for Matthews. The goal wasn’t as simple as it seemed, he received it behind the goal line he had to step out and roof it. He made it look easy but not many can do it, the goalie was off balance sure but it wasn’t a simple goal
He's on his forehand being a right shot on the left side - it was an easy shot for him, once Matty made the pass back there was enough space to roof it. Doesn't make what happened along with how the play developed any less spectacular.

But that's not my question.

The 'give-and-go + the finish' - is that in the Top 5 for you for Leafs goals this year.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The rush ended with the winning goal, a tap in. In the last minute we are running around in our own end Marleau gets on the ice game over.

Funny how Kadri is having his best year with Marleau on his wing l guess that nothing to.
Kadri was better last year. Still good this year, but better last.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Wings just kept skating and skating while the Leafs just played well enough to win or they just hit the on button when they needed to. All signs of being a contender. Can't wait till playoffs.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Babcock keeps talking about how important Komarov is,so he will be in the lineup in the playoffs.
And history tells you that Johnsson will be out......no matter how well he plays..

Reactions: ToMaLe

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Tampa lost 2-1 to NJ, maybe it's a short ride for them too.

Couldn't say as I didn't see the effort their team put forward. Only reason we didn't get cranked was because we were playing the Wings.

I am not saying I blame the team... hard to get up for an opponent who is going nowhere. But I don't think that effort gets even 1 playoff win. You thought we played well?

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Babcock keeps talking about how important Komarov is,so he will be in the lineup in the playoffs.
And history tells you that Johnsson will be out......no matter how well he plays..

Komarov got us into the playoffs... the rookie will get his turn like everyone else....

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Couldn't say as I didn't see the effort their team put forward. Only reason we didn't get cranked was because we were playing the Wings.

I am not saying I blame the team... hard to get up for an opponent who is going nowhere. But I don't think that effort gets even 1 playoff win. You thought we played well?
Our performance against bottom feeding teams don't really matter when you look at how well we play against good teams

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
To those worried about this kind of effort in the playoffs. I don't think you should worry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad