Post-Game Talk: Ugly win is still a win

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I’ll take it. Tampa lost tonight. Florida won. Let’s hope Boston losses tommrow.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I just love that we're so good that we can still win games when we play like crap.

And to think how much our young core will still improve...

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs turned it on whenever they needed to but snoozed for most of the game. Can’t bring your A game against every team but glad we did enough to win.

Leafs haven’t lost at home in over 2 months. This is a team that is going to be easily beaten in the playoffs according to the geniuses at HFBoards.

Reactions: Superstar and bax

Tonka

OFFSIDE
Apr 8, 2007
This team needs defensive dmen, like a top 4 defensive D...badly, maybe a couple, which would actually mean, letting go of one of our core guys. Would love it to be Zaitsev, too bad he is here for 7 years.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Boy, that wasn't pretty but they found a way to win - I can respect that.

Game looked liked the Tampa game - Detroit as Toronto, and us as Tampa. We didn't really push until the 3rd. Detroit really respects us, they wanted to put on a show, they looked really good but only because we were just watching them. Fred stood tall.

Still don't like how they can't get up for these games, but that's for another day.

I'll take the 2 points. 35 wins for Fred. 3 wins away from holding the Leafs single-season wins record.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
You say ugly win, I say...
9cu1ecF.gif

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Couple observations:

That was full on Shaq Horri-awful!!

That might have been the worst ice I have ever seen in an NHL game... maybe?

Must be nice to play a complete garbage game and win. How bad are the Red Wings?

If that is the team that shows up for the playoffs, it's gonna be a short ride! ** I in no way expect that to be the case

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Not the prettiest game, but we'll take it. I am not sure Babcock can justify it if he takes Johnsson out of the line up when Komarov is healthy. He has looked really good.

P.S. Detroit is a dirty hockey team. Honestly, just because they are fallin' for Dahlin, doesn't mean they have to play dirty. Headshot on Marner was brutal (big surprise a Bertuzzi with a dirty play), the intentional Glendenning trip on Matthews off the draw. Just bush league.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Love to see Dermott and Rielly get a few games together full time. Loved it when they were on the ice together for that Brown goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad