Post-Game Talk: Ugly win is still a win

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don’t think he’s a guy that probably even follows the media, dudes been a ghost since he’s left the NHL.
He was actually on a hometown hockey broadcast the other day, but Ive heard he doesnt like the spotlight and that's the first time I've seen him on TV in years.

Reactions: Raging Bull

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Detroit was skating hard and playing with purpose tonight (not sure why, maybe the leafs seem cocky? Who knows). Glad that the Leafs rose to the occasion and beat them. I was impressed by Gardiner and Rielly joining the rush and really creating in the offensive zone when needed.

Reactions: Liminality

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Watching Matthews and Nylander is like a video game when they turn it on. Man I really hope Kadri reaches 30 again!!

Reactions: saffronleaf

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I would. We didn't give up a 2nd to sit Plekanec. Plus Plekanec has done nothing to deserve being press boxed

you nailed the bolded.

Plekanek hasnt exactly been bad, but he hasnt been good either. I don't really see a difference between him and Moore to be honest. Just as much as Babs probably likes pleks as a 4C, he likes Komarov in the lineup. unfortunately Johnsson probably the odd man out

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You guys think the goal tonight by Nylander from Matthews could rank Top 5 from all of our goals this year. The goal itself was easy, but more so the play that developed, their passing to each other, etc.

Nylander should of got an assist for the vision and patience to wait for Matthews. The goal wasn’t as simple as it seemed, he received it behind the goal line he had to step out and roof it. He made it look easy but not many can do it, the goalie was off balance sure but it wasn’t a simple goal

Reactions: saffronleaf

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Not a great game by the Leafs tonight, but good teams find ways to win! Feels good!

member 147413

I don’t think he’s a guy that probably even follows the media, dudes been a ghost since he’s left the NHL.

Actually he filmed something with HNIC for Hometown Hockey just last month.
He does a bit of commentary on Bruins broadcasts during intermissions.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
In some ways isn't it better the Leafs had an easier time defeating Nashville who will be in the playoffs, where as we know Detroit is missing the playoffs.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This fan is very thankful to watch a team with the type of talent to finish a game that wasn't a great performance.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
one worry I have is I kinda wish we were playing good teams down the stretch. We tend to play down to the level of garbage teams, and that's not ideal going into the playoffs

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
He'll be benched once/if Leo comes back, book it.
Maybe but I think Babcock realizes he has an excellent tool at his disposal that he can bring out if things are not going his way. Johnsson has jumped up the depth chart that's for sure.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Thoughts

1) Hainsey, Hainsey, Hainsey. He is getting too much ice time. Cut it back. Is his new favourite song Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Give It Away Now"?
2) Ice. Wow. Seriously? Is this an NHL rink or a backyard pond? Come on man!
3) Freddy. Some good. Some bad. Did you notice the Wings constantly shooting the puck around his head? IMO this is NOT coincidence.
4) The Wings are a dirty team. Discuss.

Yes they were dirty. Was good to stick it to them in the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad