Post-Game Talk: Ugly win is still a win

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Leafs turned it on whenever they needed to but snoozed for most of the game. Can’t bring your A game against every team but glad we did enough to win.

Leafs haven’t lost at home in over 2 months. This is a team that is going to be easily beaten in the playoffs according to the geniuses at HFBoards.

The main board is full of so much salt, I think I'm going to start mining it. It's amazing that some people just can't wrap their heads around the fact, that the Leafs are 6th overall in points. The biggest reason why they're so high up, is maybe because they're actually a really good team now?

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The main board is full of so much salt, I think I'm going to start mining it. It's amazing that some people just can't wrap their heads around the fact, that the Leafs are 6th overall in points. The biggest reason why they're so high up, is maybe because they're actually a really good team now?

They only know two things:

1967 and plan the parade.

Reactions: WWB and iceblue

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
You guys think the goal tonight by Nylander from Matthews could rank Top 5 from all of our goals this year. The goal itself was easy, but more so the play that developed, their passing to each other, etc.

mammothCacti

Feb 19, 2018
next-gen Leafs ... enjoy this youngsters it might not come again in your lifetime.

See that's only if Leafs way in the future management returns to shit. If they are smart, decade after decade of good hockey while rebuilding smart. No more of this 50 year shit.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Marleau needs a lot of credit for that filthy saucer pass on the GWG... that was beautiful

backhand saucer on the tape. that was filthy; i don't think I have ever seen anyone make backhand saucer on the tape when skating full speed

i wonder if that was good execution or just luck :laugh:

whatever the case that was just freakin' filthy; beauty of a pass nonetheless

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Strikes me more as a guy who'd love nothing more than to see it broken and never have his name mentioned again.

I don’t think he’s a guy that probably even follows the media, dudes been a ghost since he’s left the NHL.

Actually he filmed something with HNIC for Hometown Hockey just last month.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Not the prettiest game, but we'll take it. I am not sure Babcock can justify it if he takes Johnsson out of the line up when Komarov is healthy. He has looked really good.

P.S. Detroit is a dirty hockey team. Honestly, just because they are fallin' for Dahlin, doesn't mean they have to play dirty. Headshot on Marner was brutal (big surprise a Bertuzzi with a dirty play), the intentional Glendenning trip on Matthews off the draw. Just bush league.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him test out a Johnsson-Komarov-Kapanen line

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Thoughts

1) Hainsey, Hainsey, Hainsey. He is getting too much ice time. Cut it back. Is his new favourite song Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Give It Away Now"?
2) Ice. Wow. Seriously? Is this an NHL rink or a backyard pond? Come on man!
3) Freddy. Some good. Some bad. Did you notice the Wings constantly shooting the puck around his head? IMO this is NOT coincidence.
4) The Wings are a dirty team. Discuss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad