GDT: UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Don’t think he intentionally threw an illegal knee, just think that’s inexperience in the sport and exhaustion. Don’t expect him to get the benefit of the doubt though

For sure.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The ESPN deal led them to fast track things but they really should rethink it if they’re keeping Hardy around. They had the right idea originally when they gave him a developmental deal and were going to have him fight on smaller shows to gain experience.

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The ESPN deal led them to fast track things but they really should rethink it if they’re keeping Hardy around. They had the right idea originally when they gave him a developmental deal and were going to have him fight on smaller shows to gain experience.
I thought they learned from the CM Punk fiasco(s). Guess not.

Reactions: Avs_19

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I thought they learned from the CM Punk fiasco(s). Guess not.
Hardy showed some promise IMO. Landed some heavy shots in the first, and showed composure in grappling exchanges. CM on the other hand looked like a guy they pulled off the street before the show.

Not comparable.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hardy showed some promise IMO. Landed some heavy shots in the first, and showed composure in grappling exchanges. CM on the other hand looked like a guy they pulled off the street before the show.

Not comparable.
They are names people know who are extremely inexperienced in MMA that the biggest MMA promotion in the world hyped and gifted prime spots way too early in their careers because they know it would sell. Not comparable? OK.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
They are names people know who are extremely inexperienced in MMA that the biggest MMA promotion in the world hyped and gifted prime spots way too early in their careers because they know it would sell. Not comparable? OK.
Hardy has 3 first round professional KOs, don’t necessarily think it was gifted a spot on the UFC roster.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Oh I'm not basing this on skill set/history, this is just a hunch based on what I imagine to have been a weight cut that was VERY hard on TJ's body. I feel comfortable assuming this version of him is not as good as the 135 pound version, I think most would probably agree. Where I'm perhaps taking a bit of a leap is with the effect a severe weight cut/depletion has on your chin. I don't think we have conclusive science to back this up but I do think we have educated reasoning which would support that notion.
Well, I'm never disagreeing with you again LOL

Reactions: BGDDYKWL and m9

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Henry is so f***ing cringy. I don't like this guy at all. Even worse that I don't feel like he truly won his last two fights

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hardy has 3 first round professional KOs, don’t necessarily think it was gifted a spot on the UFC roster.
They weren't professional fights. They were in the Contender Series. You can split hairs if you want, but the fact is a guy like Hardy would not have been the co-main event unless he was an NFL star with the controversy surrounding him. DC essentially said the same thing.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't like the stoppage either, especially in a championship fight. Cejudo tagged him multiple times, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad