GDT: UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'm not worried about TJ making weight, I'm VERY interested in seeing how he looks at that weight though, dude is LEAN right now, and cutting the last few is going to be draining, but to what extent.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
First flyweight fight I've looked forward too in a long time.

Really? I loved watching Demetrious Johnson fight. Not because I thought he'd lose, but because he fought and executed moved at such a high level. Even in a boring fight, he'd do something spectacular.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Really? I loved watching Demetrious Johnson fight. Not because I thought he'd lose, but because he fought and executed moved at such a high level. Even in a boring fight, he'd do something spectacular.

I never said I didn't enjoy watching him fight, I just never got excited to watch any of his fights as he always just steamrolled the competition.

Reactions: LSCII

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Gregor Gillespie is one of my favorites, so I'm pretty pumped to watch him.

The flyweight tilt should be a dandy, both guys are the elite of the elite.

Hoping for Glover to get back on track.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Gregor Gillespie is one of my favorites, so I'm pretty pumped to watch him.

The flyweight tilt should be a dandy, both guys are the elite of the elite.

Hoping for Glover to get back on track.
Gregor is fun to watch, it will be interesting to see how he does against his first kinda legitimate opponent.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Glad to see Dillashaw and everyone else make weight. I was worried about that but it sounds like it wasn't too tough for him. Hopefully the cut didn't take too much out of him and we get to see him as close to peak ability as possible.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Making weight, while impressive, is an entirely different thing than being 100% on fight night. Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think it's gonna be physically possible for him to be at his peak for this fight. I don't care how good/scientific him and his team is. My guess is Cejudo KO/TKOs him and the story is the weight cut was too much for TJ. This is why the fight should have been at 135. Made more sense in literally every conceivable scenario.

Reactions: RoarBacon

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Making weight, while impressive, is an entirely different thing than being 100% on fight night. Pure speculation on my part, but I don't think it's gonna be physically possible for him to be at his peak for this fight. I don't care how good/scientific him and his team is. My guess is Cejudo KO/TKOs him and the story is the weight cut was too much for TJ. This is why the fight should have been at 135. Made more sense in literally every conceivable scenario.

The other important part to me is that it seems the team was very focused on the weight cut as opposed to the actual fight. Now obviously we don't know everything going on, but I'm pretty confident that Dillashaw spent more time working on the weight cut than usual which will likely take away from his training/rest.

Very interesting fight. I like Dillashaw and am confident he can pull it off, but this weight cut has added another dimension.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
God TJ looked like death from that cut.

Should be interesting to see how much it affects him tomorrow. If he’s good he should walk through Cejudo.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I will never understand weight cutting, at least to such an extent. At the risk of sounding like a keyboard warrior, I think I would rather fight people who were bigger than me than go through that shit.

Reactions: m9

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
God TJ looked like death from that cut.

Should be interesting to see how much it affects him tomorrow. If he’s good he should walk through Cejudo.
He actually had a great cut, he was well ahead of schedule by the time it was actually weigh ins. He looks weird cause his body fat is so low and he's the lightest he's probably been in years, but the cut itself went great for him and it was done in a healthy and systematic way. From the tests and training he's done he claims his fitness and strength is just as good as it was before, guess we'll see tomorrow.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
When has Cejudo ever had KO power? In the UFC, he has a grand total of one finish, and has finished a fight once in 5 years. TJ has also only been TKO'd once and that was 7 years ago, he's a completely different fighter now. If Garbrandt couldn't do it I highly doubt Henry f***ing Cejudo will do anything, regardless of the weight cut.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
When has Cejudo ever had KO power? In the UFC, he has a grand total of one finish, and has finished a fight once in 5 years. TJ has also only been TKO'd once and that was 7 years ago, he's a completely different fighter now. If Garbrandt couldn't do it I highly doubt Henry ****ing Cejudo will do anything, regardless of the weight cut.
Oh I'm not basing this on skill set/history, this is just a hunch based on what I imagine to have been a weight cut that was VERY hard on TJ's body. I feel comfortable assuming this version of him is not as good as the 135 pound version, I think most would probably agree. Where I'm perhaps taking a bit of a leap is with the effect a severe weight cut/depletion has on your chin. I don't think we have conclusive science to back this up but I do think we have educated reasoning which would support that notion.

member 51464

Some of the photos of Dillashaw definitely are creepy. He has a bit of that vibe from The Machinist going on.

I am glad they are finishing the division because I would not want to see the dude trying to come back down to this regularly, regardless of how tonight goes.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Some of the photos of Dillashaw definitely are creepy. He has a bit of that vibe from The Machinist going on.

I am glad they are finishing the division because I would not want to see the dude trying to come back down to this regularly, regardless of how tonight goes.
His coach has already said it's a one off

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
TJ looks creepy, but I wonder if the reason for that is because we've all seen him at his more natural weight. Like if he was some random dude, is he that creepy?

The cut definitely has to take something out of him, but I think he's just that much better than Cejudo, so it won't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad