GDT: UFC Fight Night: Cejudo vs. Dillashaw

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
That's the problem. We don't know. But now that's what everyone is going to be talking about. It sucks for TJ, but it kind of sucks for Cejudo, too. I mean, he got the win and all, so I'm sure he's not going to be too disappointed, but I'm sure he'd rather than not be any doubt in anyone's mind.

TJ got dropped twice in a matter of like 8 seconds.

I had no problem with that stoppage. Let them run it back at 135, the weight cut obviously hurt him.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
TJ got dropped twice in a matter of like 8 seconds.

I had no problem with that stoppage. Let them run it back at 135, the weight cut obviously hurt him.
Cool, but a lot of people did have a problem with the stoppage. Anik and DC who didn't have a problem with the stoppage, still have to address it. It's part of the story now.

He wanted to avoid TJ at 135 actually. DJ did not want to go up unless he was paid more to take harder punches.
TJ said he'd go down to 125 for DJ, too.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Cool, but a lot of people did have a problem with the stoppage. Anik and DC who didn't have a problem with the stoppage, still have to address it. It's part of the story now.

TJ said he'd go down to 125 for DJ, too.

They really shouldn't...

You know what would have helped TJ's cause? Not getting dropped twice. I'd rather see a fight get stopped one punch too early than one punch too late. If TJ wants to blame anyone, it should be himself for getting caught.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
TJ called him out numerous times for a fight at 125. DJ avoided him at any weight class

Yup. It was a dumb career move by DJ (as I said repeatedly in here at the time) and here we are. He had a chance to jump in the Dillashaw/Garbrandt rivalry and went running instead.

Reactions: pistolpete11

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Not true.

“Mighty Mouse” did begin his career as a bantamweight, but has since moved down to flyweight when the UFC opened up the division in 2012. He says he is willing to make the jump back up, but only if it comes with better compensation.

“Make it worth my while. Show me the money,” Johnson said on Monday’s MMA Hour episode (via MMA Fighting). “These guys are taking concussions. Like I said after the fight, I’m not in the business to get concussions. I do not like getting hit. I can take a hit, but I don’t want to damage my brain if I don’t have to.”

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
“Mighty Mouse” did begin his career as a bantamweight, but has since moved down to flyweight when the UFC opened up the division in 2012. He says he is willing to make the jump back up, but only if it comes with better compensation.

“Make it worth my while. Show me the money,” Johnson said on Monday’s MMA Hour episode (via MMA Fighting). “These guys are taking concussions. Like I said after the fight, I’m not in the business to get concussions. I do not like getting hit. I can take a hit, but I don’t want to damage my brain if I don’t have to.”

TJ Dillashaw wanted to drop to 125lbs to fight DJ after Dillashaw beat Garbrandt.

DJ said no and that Dillashaw had to win another fight at 125lbs before he would give him the shot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dillashaw's asking for a rematch at 125 lbs and that's the last thing that needs to happen. It has to be at 135 lbs if there's an immediate rematch or else just have them defend their belts against other contenders.

Reactions: I am not exposed

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
TJ Dillashaw wanted to drop to 125lbs to fight DJ after Dillashaw beat Garbrandt.

DJ said no and that Dillashaw had to win another fight at 125lbs before he would give him the shot.

Nothing to do with what I said. I said DJ did not want to go to 135 unless he was paid more.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Dillashaw's asking for a rematch at 125 lbs and that's the last thing that needs to happen. It has to be at 135 lbs if there's an immediate rematch or else just have them defend their belts against other contenders.
Dude's got a massive ego so that was probably hard for him to accept. It was a bad stoppage but would definitely like to see it at 135 instead

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nothing to do with what I said. I said DJ did not want to go to 135 unless he was paid more.

It has everything to do with what you said. Someone said DJ avoided TJ at 125lbs, and you incorrectly corrected them.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think you leave it up to Cejudo. He seems to want it at 135lb, so give him the shot to be the champ-champ. He earned it.

If TJ wins the rematch at 135lb, then what do you do?

member 51464

They should have held the fight on an Indian reservation so after TJ claimed Cejudo didn't win, they could've stood them up and done the rematch right there tonight:sarcasm:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It has everything to do with what you said. Someone said DJ avoided TJ at 125lbs, and you incorrectly corrected them.

Wonder how DJ feels about avoiding Dillashaw at 125 now.

That was his chance to make some decent cash

I said:

He wanted to avoid TJ at 135 actually. DJ did not want to go up unless he was paid more to take harder punches.

Whether or not DJ wanted TJ to earn a spot or not is irrelevant. That was one time, in other times he said sure. Either way, he wanted to avoid TJ at 135 but was open to TJ at 125. Whether it's after 1 fight or 0 he was willing.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I'm a TJ fan but he's obviously biased. The call wasn't as bad as he claims it was, he needs to watch the tape when he cools off.

TJ was taking damage but I definitely think the stoppage was early. We’ve seen TJ recover from situations before. TJ was not given a chance to recover in this fight. Props to Cejudo for forcing that situation and coming out aggressively, but I do think the stoppage was the wrong call.

Reactions: I am not exposed

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
TJ was taking damage but I definitely think the stoppage was early. We’ve seen TJ recover from situations before. TJ was not given a chance to recover in this fight. Props to Cejudo for forcing that situation and coming out aggressively, but I do think the stoppage was the wrong call.

It's a grey area. Just sucks because now there's that doubt. Unsure what they'll do.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You just know Cejudo is being prepped by Ali(his manager) on what to say about a TJ rematch at 125. Too much risk, they'd want 135 shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad