GDT: UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal 2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don’t know why they’re in such a rush with Covington. He got finished by the current champ, beat a very beatable Woodley, and then refused to fight every single other contender they offered him. At least wait to see how Edwards/Diaz plays out and maybe Edwards gets some buzz if he wins impressively. The first fight was really good and close but I don’t think it’d be that close again. I also think people are overestimating how much a potential rematch sells.

striker3

Mar 26, 2019
Cody Garbrant's knockout at the buzzer is the best 1-punch KO I've ever seen...

Henderson's KO of Bisping, and Ngannou's KO of Overeem are tied for 2nd

Rashad's KO over Liddell is probably next
I forgot about that Henderson KO, bisping looked like a 2x4 laying there after that one, that could
Be #1 for sure. The others were fantastic as well, I still think garbrandt hit him after the buzzer to this day.

striker3

Mar 26, 2019
I don’t know why they’re in such a rush with Covington. He got finished by the current champ, beat a very beatable Woodley, and then refused to fight every single other contender they offered him. At least wait to see how Edwards/Diaz plays out and maybe Edwards gets some buzz if he wins impressively. The first fight was really good and close but I don’t think it’d be that close again. I also think people are overestimating how much a potential rematch sells.
I think everyone’s just looking for the UFC to go back to rematches, trilogies etc. Instead of loosing guys like
DJ they’re trying to find the next best thing and rushing them

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

I think the UFC views Edwards as more of a nuisance than anything else. He's not a "draw" but he's also really good so they have difficulties matchmaking for him. They gave him Khamzat when not a lot of people wanted to fight Khamzat and forced him to put his ranking on the line against someone lower down the chain. The Diaz fight is perfect because it's a way to get Edwards in a fight and still have it generate buzz based solely off of Diaz's name. I think they want to just make a ton of money off Usman/Covington as soon as possible regardless of anything Edwards does. Usman likely gained a lot of new fans tonight so having him rematch superheel Covington still draws very well IMO.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I feel for Weili. She’s a good and very likeable champion but gets booed out of the building, which she probably wasn’t expecting like Anik said, and then gets finished. It happens in this sport and it’s certainly not the first time but that still sucked. Who knows but those boos felt a little weird too and not just pro Rose.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Hopefully the Chimaev hype train can get back on track and he proves to be as good as people think he is so we can have an interesting challenger for Usman.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I feel for Weili. She’s a good and very likeable champion but gets booed out of the building, which she probably wasn’t expecting like Anik said, and then gets finished. It happens in this sport and it’s certainly not the first time but that still sucked.

Florida gonna Florida

I appreciate Rose going out of her way to apologize for the buildup

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I feel for Weili. She’s a good and very likeable champion but gets booed out of the building, which she probably wasn’t expecting like Anik said, and then gets finished. It happens in this sport and it’s certainly not the first time but that still sucked. Who knows but those boos felt a little weird too and not just pro Rose.

Just a shitty crowd.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I forgot about that Henderson KO, bisping looked like a 2x4 laying there after that one, that could
Be #1 for sure. The others were fantastic as well, I still think garbrandt hit him after the buzzer to this day.

He clearly landed before the buzzer...

Reactions: CDJ

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
This is dumb. I think Weili is a model professional and seems like a great person outside of fighting. Nationalist nonsense going on of course. I wonder if it affected her, but she looked very hittable against Joana tbh so I always had Rose in this one.

I would love to see Nick Diaz fight again. I think he's got more in the tank as long as they keep him away from wrestlers.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Covington beating woodley and actually fighting last few years is more impressive than edwards fighting Diaz.

Edwards would need to brutalize Diaz to skip ahead and while I expect an easy win I’m not sure I expect some spectacular fast KO.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Shes not a vet yet. She’ll see a lot more boos and cheers. She’ll grow and overcome it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bonuses:

POTN: Thug Rose, Kamaru

FOTN: Jeff Molina vs Qileng Aori. For those that missed it I highly recommend you seek it out, there’s a reason they’re getting a bonus on this crazy ass card

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Dana spending as much time as he has in the post-fight presser criticizing Jake Paul and Triller is a win for Jake Paul and Triller. He shouldn't even be entertaining those topics after a great card like this.

Also, he said they're working on setting up a Nick Diaz fight.

Edit: Dana also confirmed they wanted Whittaker vs. Adesanya over Vettori. Looks like Whittaker should probably just wait it out.
Dana only cares about money.

That is why he continues to give fight contracts to a criminal like McGregor and employs a repeated cheater like Jones.

Dana White is a total scumbag and only cares about money. If Dana White had any values or ethics, he would have cut off all ties to McGregor the second the video was released of McGregor hitting an elderly man in a bar and the second Jones failed his repeated drug tests.

Dana White is a piece of garbage. Probably in-between Vince McMahon (low end of spectrum) and Don King (high end of spectrum). In the middle between these two.

That is why he is talking about Jake Paul. Because Jake Paul is selling at the moment, despite the fact he is a punk.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Rose rules, I always question where her head is at, but she delivers.

Masvidal is solid but criminally overrated.

Weidman is cooked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad