GDT: UFC 249

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd love to see Conor vs. Masvidal or Gaethje but it isn't happening. Masvidal is a different beast standing up and my money would be that he would absolutely batter McGregor. Unfortunately Usman will probably take him down and ride him out for 5 rounds, but we'll see. Usman was very, very hittable against Colby.

Also I'd be a bit worried about Tony after this one. That was a lot of damage to take to the head; he's a tough S.O.B. but that is going to be some lasting trauma. Hope he doesn't fight for a little bit.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Like Rogan said, Ferguson is not human. What a card. I liked most of the fights except 2 were bit of snore fests.

Glad I came out on top in regards to my 4 way parlay bet. But I lost 2 singles. Oh well

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I don't see him finishing Khabib. Khabib's never even really been wobbled and has very little mileage on his chin.

Yeah Khabib is not losing to Gaethje. I've always thought Gaethje stylistically would be the tougher matchup for Khabib compared to Tony and Conor. But Khabib is on another level. Tony didn't even shoot for the takedown once. Even though Gaethje has good takedown defense, Khabib is a god amongst men when it comes to wrestling and I think he'll continue his ground and pound ways against Gaethje and remain the champion. 29-0

Reactions: saska sault

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Guys, I doubt this gives Tony any more damage than his training probably does. He probably smashes his chin against cement as conditioning.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
pretty sure you mean Gleison Tibau aka the god of takedown defense

lol this. Also that was 8 years ago, Khabib was a child in only his second UFC fight. The Khabib now is on a completely different level, he's made significant strides in both his ground game and his standing game. Whats scary is that Khabib in an interview about a month ago, said he's still working on and improving his ground game.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Diaz is no slouch either but he's not around and a bitch to deal with.

Besides, it has to lead somewhere.

Even Poirier had an opinion about Justin and McGregor:

I mean, people sleep on McGregor because he's a dick and isn't active but he's really good. This isn't to say Justin isn't but I doubt he's terrified of him.

Thats great. Think it has something to do with the fact that McGregor has a W over him and he has a W over JG?

JG would melt McGregor who has no cardio after 1.5 rounds. He's good, but amongst the lightweights? Hes nothing special.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
What a great card. Now lets just hope nothing crazy happens on the health and safety front so we can do this again on Wednesday, then Saturday, then Saturday again......

Reactions: southeastern

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
man those last 2 rounds were a tough watch, Tony was getting hunted down and destroyed

member 51464

Who delivered more brain damage between Ngannou or Gaethje? Lol

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Thats great. Think it has something to do with the fact that McGregor has a W over him and he has a W over JG?

JG would melt McGregor who has no cardio after 1.5 rounds. He's good, but amongst the lightweights? Hes nothing special.

Who is ahead of him?

Khabib, Ferguson and Justin at best.

Not Poirier or Cerrone obviously. He schooled both.

At very worst he's #3 contender but he's in that mix. Justin may be #1 contender but Poirier beat him too. Let's not forget apart from Khabib none of them seem unbeatable.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Awesome card. The lack of crowd did not take away from it whatsoever. In fact it was so different, it was cool in its own right.

Gaethje has certainly matured as a fighter. Wow. Picked his shots and picked them hard. Thought he was going to be done after taking that uppercut.

I'll always want to see Khabib/Ferguson, but I'm already excited for Khabib/Gaethje.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
That was years ago. Khabib is at his peak now
True, but Gaethje is astronomically better than Trujillo while being a similar style in terms of being a wrestler who uses his wrestling to keep the fight standing.
pretty sure you mean Gleison Tibau aka the god of takedown defense
Trujillo got taken down 21 times in his 15min fight with Khabib because while he couldn’t stop the takedowns to save his soul, Khabib just couldn’t control him once he got him there

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'd be a little surprised if we don't find out in the next few days if Ferguson didn't suffer some serious brain damage, he absorbed so many bombs. Unreal. Gotta say though, Ferguson is a tough emmer effer.

So you are saying that they are going to diagnose Tony Ferguson with "serious brain damage" in the next few days?

He took a beating, for sure. But this is just dumb.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Don't care at all if we won't see Tony - Khabib. The better fighter won tonight. Gaethje will not be an easy fight. Khabib's standup is pretty bad so we'll see what happens.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I think my fight of the night was Kattar vs Stephens but I wouldn’t be mad if they gave it to the main event or Luque vs Price.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I think Tony brought his A game but got hurt really bad early in the fight and never fully recovered so he got outstruck for the rest of the fight because his brain was scrambled.

A-game Tony Ferguson is when Tony gets dropped in the first round, spams teeps to the body and feints dark soul rolls to land spinning elbows. We got none of that lol

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Don't care at all if we won't see Tony - Khabib. The better fighter won tonight. Gaethje will not be an easy fight. Khabib's standup is pretty bad so we'll see what happens.

That's not the issue. People feel ferguson is bigger threat to Khabib thats all.

Of course Justin earned his shot but its fair to say Ferguson did a long time ago too.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
A-game Tony Ferguson is when Tony gets dropped in the first round, spams teeps to the body and feints dark soul rolls to land spinning elbows. We got none of that lol

Am I correct to assume that Tony got a full camp, given the lead-up to Brooklyn? If so, to see the performance Gaethje put in on a few weeks notice is nothing short of remarkable.

Reactions: member 51464

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
That's not the issue. People feel ferguson is bigger threat to Khabib thats all.

Of course Justin earned his shot but its fair to say Ferguson did a long time ago too.
Understood but I think Gaethje just proved he's a better fighter than anyone thought he was by completely schooling Ferguson tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad