GDT: UFC 232: Jones vs. Gustafsson 2

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
If Romero can win a top five fight first at 205, let's do it anyway. Jones needs to fight 2-3 times in 2019, test clean, and then go from there.

If DC does not fight Jones, we either have to wait for exciting fighters to come up the 205 division, which may take a while, or for Jones to move up to HW and start a new exciting journey, there he would have plenty of interesting opponents to face. I highly doubt he'll move up though, it's too dangerous for his legacy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Jones just cleans the whole division though. His best matchup just just completely ran through with little to no trouble at all

That's fine. We just saw DC fight Derrick Lewis. GSP and Anderson Silva had some easier title defenses as well.

I like having the champ take on the top challenger, regardless if it seems like an easy fight. Anything can happen.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Then why juice?

There isn’t any reason for him to, yet he does anyway, because he is a ****ty human. He is a piece of trash who shouldn’t be admired or adored. And the ufc is a dirty organization no better than the crooked boxing promoters of yore.

I’m fully confident that Jones will find a way to cock it all up again. He always does.
They're all on something

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
If DC does not fight Jones, we either have to wait for exciting fighters to come up the 205 division, which may take a while, or for Jones to move up to HW and start a new exciting journey, there he would have plenty of interesting opponents to face. I highly doubt he'll move up though, it's too dangerous for his legacy.

Jones was asked what weight he starts at before cut and he said 225.

He was asked if he'd move up to HW to face DC and he said no because DC is a natural HW and he isn't. The reporter or interviewer suggested Jones can easily make HW weights then but he deflected and wanted no part of it.

Honestly, can't force a guy though. He makes weight and wins, he doesn't need to go up but it's a lost opportunity.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
That's fine. We just saw DC fight Derrick Lewis. GSP and Anderson Silva had some easier title defenses as well.

I like having the champ take on the top challenger, regardless if it seems like an easy fight. Anything can happen.

I feel like with more time that Derrick Lewis fight would have been better. Never made sense to me when that came so soon. Although Lewis doesn’t come across at the training hard type

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Jones was asked what weight he starts at before cut and he said 225.

He was asked if he'd move up to HW to face DC and he said no because DC is a natural HW and he isn't. The reporter or interviewer suggested Jones can easily make HW weights then but he deflected and wanted no part of it.

Honestly, can't force a guy though. He makes weight and wins, he doesn't need to go up but it's a lost opportunity.

If he starts cutting from 225, that's not too bad actually.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Who said? USADA came into UFC after their first fight. On top of which from Wiki:

Prior to his UFC 182 bout with Daniel Cormier, Jones' testosterone/epitestosterone (T/E) ratio was considered by some experts to be alarmingly low. Victor Conte, a former steroid trafficker, who founded and led the Bay Area Laboratory Co-operative (BALCO), said of Jones' suspicious test "these (levels) are highly suspicious for Jon Jones, in my opinion. This is the reason that sophisticated anti-doping officials do target testing. So based on what we see here, my opinion is Jon Jones should be on a very short leash and should be random tested here until they sort out why he has these anomalies."
Oh, I wasn't aware. I still think Jones would mop Cormier. Cormier has nothing on Jones except weight.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Oh, I wasn't aware. I still think Jones would mop Cormier. Cormier has nothing on Jones except weight.

Yeah I think DC and Jones are both elite high fighting IQ guys but Jones just has tremendous physical attributes that dwarf DC. The reach is massive, DC will need a ridiculous game plan to overcome that....if he even can.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
DC ain't going back down after all those cheeseburgers and I don't think Jones will go up to fight him. Jones has two wins over DC in his mind and nothing left to prove. It sucks because it would be a huge win for mma fans but a potential legacy crusher for either of the two.

Jones cleaned out 205 a long time ago and what was once the greatest division in the UFC is basically pointless now.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
About Amanda Nunes and Cyborg ... i am truly speechless.

I still see it as an underestimation by Cyborg. She is sooo used to knock out here opponents that , for once, she received some serious punches ... and didn't know how to react on that .. so she went on ... and Amanda finished here job.

Cyborg got rocked like 3 times ... and came straight back for the final one. That was a very bad reaction. She has a broader game than that !

I am negative against Nunes because i still believe that she didn't win the 2nd fight against Valentina Schevchenko of whom i am a total fan. But TBH, on this one she did the best that could have been done !!

Reactions: m9

h2

Mar 26, 2002

I still see it as an underestimation by Cyborg. She is sooo used to knock out here opponents that , for once, she received some serious punches ... and didn't know how to react on that .. so she went on ... and Amanda finished here job.

Cyborg got rocked like 3 times ... and came straight back for the final one. That was a very bad reaction. She has a broader game than that !

I am negative against Nunes because i still believe that she didn't win the 2nd fight against Valentina Schevchenko of whom i am a total fan. But TBH, on this one she did the best that could have been done !!

Nunes definitely lost the 2nd fight vs Schevchenko, that was nonsense. This Cyborg win was the most impressive win for Nunes, very crazy!

Reactions: torero

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Nunes definitely lost the 2nd fight vs Schevchenko, that was nonsense. This Cyborg win was the most impressive win for Nunes, very crazy!
It's crazy, I'm a pretty hardcore fan and honestly, I never though I would walk away from a card with the Jon Jones v Gustafsson rematch and be most impressed with Amanda Nunes. She is absolutely the greatest female fighter of all time.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Cyborg seemed to have wanted to make a statement and it backfired. Nunes wrecked her.

Nunes did lose to Schevchenko who I feel is going to dominate 125 for a while.

Reactions: torero

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Cyborg seemed to have wanted to make a statement and it backfired. Nunes wrecked her.
I didn't see it that way at all. I think Nunes knows that she's most dangerous in the first few rounds; she put the pressure on Cyborg the same way she pressed Ronda and made Cyborg play her scrappy game.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Jon Jones just said it himself, this is why I find the "Pulsing" theory to be brilliant by the UFC. They're pushing this insane narrative that Jon could test positive for 7 years, (the rest of his prime), from the one (supposedly accidental) ingestion from Turinabol (over 18 months ago.)

This is all complete bullshit, and if anyone who wants more information about this I would be more than happy to differ you to actual scientist (not UFC employee's like Jeff Novizky) who say this is absolute bullsh*t.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Jon Jones just said it himself, this is why I find the "Pulsing" theory to be brilliant by the UFC. They're pushing this insane narrative that Jon could test positive for 7 years, (the rest of his prime), from the one (supposedly accidental) ingestion from Turinabol (over 18 months ago.)

This is all complete bull****, and if anyone who wants more information about this I would be more than happy to differ you to actual scientist (not UFC employee's like Jeff Novizky) who say this is absolute bullsh*t.

I don't know why Tom lawler and especially Frank Mir don't sue...Frank specifically asked if the positive test he had was something that was in his system from before and they said no it had to be something recent...it was basically the same thing Jones tested positive for 17 months later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad