UFA Watch central thread

How much would you offer Tavares?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Sign him to 1 or 2 year deal and get picks or prospects for him.

Habs should be looking at these type of UFA, ones they can sign for short term and flip this year or next for picks/prospects.

Its like buying draft picks.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
What is it people want? Have you seen the UFA list?

I thought people wanted to rebuild? You want Bozak signed to a stupid deal?
It’s 7 years with no Legit 1st line centre.
The excuses have gotten old and tiresome from Bergevin.
Everyone knows he will spew the same rhetoric on July 1. Trades hard. No one available
Ufa to pricey
Enough already.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What is it people want? Have you seen the UFA list?

I thought people wanted to rebuild? You want Bozak signed to a stupid deal?

Be it by trade or by UFA signing, I expect 4 NHL Cs to be playing in Montreal next season, making sure at least Drouin, who is still a young player with development time ahead of him, plays his natural position instead of being moved to the 1C spot to cover the idiocy of our GM. I want young players to be in the good chair. I don't want JDLR to play on the 3rd line. Neither do I want Drouin playing 1C. And ideally Danault should be used as a #2-3 C. Not be the only natural C of our team that's NHL-calibre.

If it's Bozak so be it. At least it'll mean the f***ing Drouin to center nonsense has come to an end.

If you want a full-scale rebuild, go get young Cs like Viktor Rask or Tomas Hertl, and trade a guy like Pacioretty.

Right now, the following chairs are filled:

Drouin - ______ - Gallagher
Domi - Danault - Lehkonen/Scherbak/Byron
Hudon - ______ - Lehkonen/Scherbak/Byron
Deslauriers - JDLR - Shaw

_____ - Weber
Mete - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

To fill the 3 blanks, you have Max Pacioretty, 2 of Lehkonen, Scherbak and Byron, picks, and the UFA market, to make sure every toung player gets a proper spot to actually develop without feeling too much pressure or being out of position.

I don't care how you do it. Fill the spots. And don't do nonsense like misplacing young players in those holes when they aren't ready to play those roles. How many prospects have we burned that way already? Overpaying should be the least of our worries, we're the richest team in the league and have 20M$ to spend. There's not a single team in the league that got stuck with the salary cap because of bad contracts for a lengthy period of time. It's all a myth. There's always a way to get out of a messy situation.

The ideal guys in those slots to fill those voids are O'Reilly/Stastny while Kotkaniemi hopefully develops the way people here expect him to, a guy like Bozak or a young C acquired for assets while Poehling pushes Danault to the #3 spot, and a guy like de Haan who can be had for a reasonable contract and play solid minutes. You still need good vets to surround the upcoming guys. And if Timmins was as much of a genius in this draft as you guys suggest, the young guys should develop in no time anyway. Right? RIGHT?!!!

Last edited:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Sign him to 1 or 2 year deal and get picks or prospects for him.

Habs should be looking at these type of UFA, ones they can sign for short term and flip this year or next for picks/prospects.

Its like buying draft picks.
Picks and prospects for who? Roussel? Surely your kidding right

Reactions: montreal

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Roussel is pure nonsense. You want to sign a grinder with little talent? AT LEAST make it Jay Beagle who can actually be efficient in some kind of role and play C/take faceoffs. Not f***ing Roussel who can't even fight his way out of a paper bag. Andrew Shaw schooled him FFS.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Picks and prospects for who? Roussel? Surely your kidding right

Why not? 5th, 6th, whatever. Teams always look for depth.

I would look at getting Brassard in a cap dump from the Pens and then flip him at the deadline. Only 1 year deal left at 5, habs can retain most of the salary if he is traded.

Hartnel said he is coming back,maybe a 1 year deal. If he plays decent enough you could probably get a pick. Pleks got a 2nd!

Wouldn't take back Pleks though, stay away. Short deals, 1 or 2 years max.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

I would look at getting Brassard in a cap dump from the Pens and then flip him at the deadline. Only 1 year deal left at 5, habs can retain most of the salary if he is traded.

Hartnel said he is coming back,maybe a 1 year deal. If he plays decent enough you could probably get a pick. Pleks got a 2nd!

What purpose would Roussel and deslauriers provide on the same team?
None

WG

Sep 9, 2008

Not endorsing signing any of these scrubs but funny you'd cite how we got a 2nd for Plekanec...then immediately say no way to him, but endorse adding Hartnell and/or Roussel to our burgeoning pool of 5th line wingers. If we signed all three, Plek would still be the one with a hope of returning a decent pick back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I can't believe how many arrogant posts we had to put up with in here, about how Tavares was going to sign in Montreal.

Not including all those idiotic insiders who pandered to Montreal fans on TSN690 with their fabricated shit.

So happy this is heading to a close and that reality is setting in.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I'd like Roussell just because we should be a young team for a bit and he's the type of guy who can make sure no nonsense happens while providing effective play.

Agree. Deslauriers, Froese, and L. Shaw don't bring a lot of sandpaper to the fourth line.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can't believe how many arrogant posts we had to put up with in here, about how Tavares was going to sign in Montreal.

Not including all those idiotic insiders who pandered to Montreal fans on TSN690 with their fabricated ****.

Yup. I do hope he goes to the West, though. I think Sharks are the best fit.

I am surprised Vegas isn't one of the teams so far, though.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Xavier Ouellet sucks. Detroit is even worse than the Habs on defence and they didn’t want him.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

Not including all those idiotic insiders who pandered to Montreal fans on TSN690 with their fabricated ****.

Don't know if I ever saw a single regular poster on here actually saying Tavares would sign in MTL. The most you saw was "if we offered him 15M a year it'd be hard to say no".

Reactions: scrubadam

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't know if I ever saw a single regular poster on here actually saying Tavares would sign in MTL. The most you saw was "if we offered him 15M a year it'd be hard to say no".

I did, sadly. But, what does it matter now, it's all water under the bridge.

And whoever did that, will hop on to the next broken dream anyways, so there is no point.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Xavier Ouellet sucks. Detroit is even worse than the Habs on defence and they didn’t want him.

For a long stretch, he was pretty good though. You cannot expect guys to maintain a high level when they play on a poor roster. Guys get better or worse depending on who they play with.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Would be stupid if the Habs don't jump on Xavier Ouellet. We need solid Ds no matter what. He's not great but the Habs have nothing.

I agree with you , we should take a chance on Ouellet , we have nothing to lose.
That's the kind of low risk move that you can't passed on, we will almost get him for free.
As a matter of fact i dont even understand why DET made this move , it's not like they have an insane DCore to begin with and they wont save THAT much of money with their buyout

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
For a long stretch, he was pretty good though. You cannot expect guys to maintain a high level when they play on a poor roster. Guys get better or worse depending on who they play with.

If by long stretch you mean his time in Blainville, then you are right. If you mean his AHL and NHL time, not even close.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I agree with you , we should take a chance on Ouellet , we have nothing to lose.
That's the kind of low risk move that you can't passed on, we will almost get him for free.
As a matter of fact i dont even understand why DET made this move , it's not like they have an insane DCore to begin with and they wont save THAT much of money with their buyout

Yea pretty strange by Detroit.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Not endorsing signing any of these scrubs but funny you'd cite how we got a 2nd for Plekanec...then immediately say no way to him, but endorse adding Hartnell and/or Roussel to our burgeoning pool of 5th line wingers. If we signed all three, Plek would still be the one with a hope of returning a decent pick back.

Just not a fan of bringing Pleks back.

I think all 3 could get picks. Maybe not 1st/2nd but pick none the less. If not who cares its not our money. As long as the contracts are short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany