UEFA EURO 2016 - Final Tournament - II

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Nice one bud. I hope we don't fall flat on our face after a very good game one.

I normally pull for Croatia secondarily, but since we have to face them on Friday I'm going to have to hope they turn into a hot mess. :) Any word on whether Srna will be back for the game?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I normally pull for Croatia secondarily, but since we have to face them on Friday I'm going to have to hope they turn into a hot mess. :) Any word on whether Srna will be back for the game?

Srna is back in France, will he play is highly uncertain though. Anyway, if he doesn't we have a better player in Vrsaljko just chomping at the bits to get in.

Ideally, we see Kovačić in for Badelj, who was poor against Turkey. Srna plays, Vrsaljko replaces Strinić at LB and Mandžo wakes up and plays up to his ability along with Rakitić who looked out of sorts for a good portion of game 1.

PS

It's nice to see that we dominated Turkey throughout the game even with two of the three best players having an off game. But we need all of them firing on all cylinders against you guys. In my opinion Czech Rep is a better team than Turkey, maybe not as talented, but certainly far better coached and organized.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Potential Croatian team for the game against Czech Rep:

sastavceska.jpg

PS

Anyone seen the best XI for the first round :laugh:

Last edited:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm sure it'll change going forward but so far, Euro 2004 where Greece kept winning 1-0 was better than this.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
In Lille of all places they were obviously attacked unprovoked by beer.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
RT.

No bias there!

Reports on the ground said there were minor scuffles. England fans tried to get away but were pushed into the square and tear gassed.

Well link up your unbiased report with an hour and a half of video. I was going to link the BBC but two thirds of their article was going on about what the Russians did a week ago

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
French media also reporting the stupidity of those english fans.

Guess it's french media bias though.

Clearly, english fans tried to get away and were pushed and gassed. By a melting pot of russian thugs and french cops.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Well link up your unbiased report with an hour and a half of video. I was going to link the BBC but two thirds of their article was going on about what the Russians did a week ago

Hard to link something that was on TV.

Basically, few idiots. Always get them. But most were singing and had flares etc. Police followed them around the town, that's about it.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Police bias followed them, nothing major.

36 arrests, 10 in hospital.
Peanuts.

Everywhere I have looked, including places like France24 using Reuters just says Football fans.

Not that it is right for people to be arrested and be idiots etc but 36 out of how many people in Lille attending?

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
TSN relegating Euro to their 4 and 5 channels until Monday in order to show the US Open on their main channel.

There is no 'main' TSN channel anymore. They're based by region. TSN 4 and 5 are Ontario + Eastern Canada. So not exactly being relegated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad