UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds 2019-20

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Playoff round is set, winners of these ties qualify for the Champions League while the losers go to the Europa group stage. Matches to be played August 20/21 & 27/28

Champions Route
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) vs. Rosenborg (NOR)
CFR Cluj (ROU) vs. Slavia Prague (CZE)
Young Boys (SUI) vs. Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
APOEL Nicosia (CYP) vs. Ajax (NED)

Ajax probably the heaviest favorites along with Dinamo in their ties while the other two seem to be 50/50

League Route
LASK Linz (AUT) vs. Club Brugge (BEL)
Olympiakos (GRE) vs. Krasnodar (BEL)

Really great chances for all four sides involved as both seeded teams (Dynamo and Porto) are out. For Linz it would be their first time in the CL while Brugge will be very happy with the draw considering they were unseeded in both rounds. Krasnodar also looking for their first CL appearance and have a winnable tie against Olympiakos

Reactions: PanniniClaus

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Neil Lennon can take a hike if that's what he considers appropriate tactics.

Utterly baffling and it cost us again. Along with our ineptitude in the transfer market. Deja vu.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
How has Celtic been in general since Rodgers left?

A total shambles off the pitch. Been getting our recruitment wrong for years despite spending a fortune on wages and this summer has been no different.

Also appointed a manager few wanted in Neil Lennon and admitted to not considering any other candidates. I'd say we're cheapskates but in reality we just invest really poorly and inefficiently and never recruit where it's needed. Right now we have one left back, who Lennon refused to play tonight as he doesn't trust him, and one right back. No suitable back ups.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Rosenborg has hit some form at the right time. Will be absolutely crushed if they get in to the group stages though. Without knowing Dinamo I won't give them more than 10-20% shot. That is just a speculation based on the normal quality of the low level CL teams and the fact they got Olmo.

Hopefully Rosenborg can survive in the away leg. They are not that bad at home.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rosenborg has hit some form at the right time. Will be absolutely crushed if they get in to the group stages though. Without knowing Dinamo I won't give them more than 10-20% shot. That is just a speculation based on the normal quality of the low level CL teams and the fact they got Olmo.

Hopefully Rosenborg can survive in the away leg. They are not that bad at home.

There is a chance they sell Olmo.

Reactions: Havre

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
A bit late for English teams now. But it should be a huge boost for Rosenborg if he goes to Italy. My guess he plays the qualifier first anyway.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Would be hilarious if LASK made it through the qualification with their first try when Red Bull Salzburg failed 11 times in 13 years.

Reactions: sabremike

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Dinamo won’t sell Olmo until the qualifiers are finished though I think the Italian window closes before the 2nd leg

Rosenborg will be tougher than Ferencvaros but I still think Dinamo are favorites though Dinamo at times have had nightmare trips to Scandinavia

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also I am waiting for this stupid Super Copa trophy to cause a major injury to one of these sides since it's a pointless match, but I can't because I have to watch this stupid Olympic Games opening ceremony.

Just play the damn game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Thoughts so far:
1. Not used to seeing Lampard walking the pitch in Chelsea training gear
2. Liverpool looking good
3. The players seem to be going decently hard, as @S E P H said, just waiting for someone to hurt themselves

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thoughts so far:
1. Not used to seeing Lampard walking the pitch in Chelsea training gear
2. Liverpool looking good
3. The players seem to be going decently hard, as @S E P H said, just waiting for someone to hurt themselves
I think Chelsea's defence has been night and day difference compared to the match against United.

Pedro with his timely "curve shot which always misses the net" nonsense, terrible player.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
People said Chelsea only bought him to sell shirts and if he wasn’t American that people wouldn’t care but he looks like Chelsea’s best player (maybe Kante looks better but debatable).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad