UEFA Champions League Qualifying Rounds 2019-20

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
After playing the worst game in years in Cyprus last week, Ajax now dominated vs the same, but very weak APOEL. Alvarez and Tadic with the goals. Dest was named MOTM, but he was never tested defensively with Ajax having the ball in nearly 70% of play, so these games suit him well right now. I thought Ziyech was far more deserving, though. He had a vintage evening with accurate long balls and simply toying with his opponents at times. Ajax also had a goal disallowed via VAR, but it should've counted. Pretty bad call, too.

Good thing Ajax won. Would've been a farce if they didn't qualify after the CL they just had. This whole situation should be better looked at. Ajax shouldn't be penalized when their domestic competitors fail to win in European matches. I also feel teams such as APOEL have no business whatsoever in the CL, with all due respect. Park-the-bus, dirty football with little to no individual talent. There are better ways for low budget teams to compete with the big boys and this isn't one of them.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Pots set for tomorrow.

Would like Liverpool to play Ajax, Brugge, and Slavia Prague (because easy) or Lille. Hoping for no super long travels.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Deserved win for Brugge but why do they make it so hard on themselves and make me suffer like that :laugh::help:

They were a class above LASK for the entire game, then finally scored but then got complacent and give away a dumb penalty and made it close again. The 2nd goal came on a counter attack in the final minute.

So now we've got 2 Belgian clubs in the CL group stage for the first time since 2005 I believe.
Also amazing both teams got in with the same manager. Philippe Clement won the league with Genk in May and now qualifies with Brugge.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Would absolutely love to draw Brugge in groups. From pot 2 I'd like Tottenham and then whoever in 1 (except Zenit)

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Ajax also had a goal disallowed via VAR, but it should've counted. Pretty bad call, too.

Actually it was the right call

Mgu6LRK.jpg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Crazy game in Kiev. Dinamo twice scoring with their first chance of the half, Brugge finally settling the tie in the 89th minute (2-2), then Kiev scoring again (3-2) in the 94th and Brugge finally finishing it off (3-3) in the 96th.

Kiev also kicking at everything that moves and an awful Croatian ref who let them do it, then finally giving a Dinamo defender a red card after what must have been his 10th foul of the game but then immediatly handing a ridiculous red card to Brugge :facepalm: This guy shouldn't get another CL or EL game for the rest of the season.

Dynamo Kiev's owner's brother is a vice-president of UEFA, just by-the-way

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Pots set for tomorrow.

Would like Liverpool to play Ajax, Brugge, and Slavia Prague (because easy) or Lille. Hoping for no super long travels.

Feeling over here is mutual, Liverpool was the first team the coach mentioned wanting (because prestige)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad