UEFA Champions League Matchday 5

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lyon is in a desastrous state, especially defensively. But Tolisso, Lacazette and Fekir gunning for a win at home is never an easy task. Sevilla is clear favourites, but should be careful.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So of the groups that have finished matchday 5:

Group E:
Monaco takes top of the group
Bayer 2nd.
Spurs v CSKA on matchday 6 will determine the Europa spot. If CSKA win they're in the Europa league, if not Spurs are.

Group F:
Dortmund and RM move on. Their matchday 6 game will determine who gets top spot. RM needs a win to take it away, Dortmund just needs to hold a draw.
Sporting and Legia will play for the Europa spot with Legia needing a win to overtake Sporting

Group G:
Leicester takes top spot
If Copenhagen wins in matchday 6 and Porto loses or draws, Copenhagen moves on, if not Porto does.

Group H:
Juventus moves on and a game against Dinamo Zagreb in matchday 6 should ensure they're top of the group.
If Sevilla draw or win, they'll move on. If they lose it'll come down to goal differential or away goals.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Juve have apprently figured out how to bribe UEFA refs the last 3 years as well. They own refs in the league already, but in Europe as well.
Who can stop them?
JUVELIES.gif
JUVELIES.gif
JUVELIES.gif
JUVELIES.gif
JUVELIES.gif

And Real getting the same treatment as Juve :facepalm:

I'm told Willie Collum was the referee in this match, there's a difference between bias and incompetence

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Sevilla deserved all of the calls against them. Their constant embellishment and crowding the referee is embarrassing. Good on Clattenburg for giving it to them. If only every referee reacted the way he did.

Spurs :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Sevilla draw or win, they'll move on. If they lose it'll come down to goal differential or away goals.

It's H2H.
And Sevilla won 1-0 against Lyon (after missing tons of chances). So Lyon has to win 2-0, 3-1, etc...
It's really like a traditionnal two leg game here. Lyon lost in Sevilla 1-0 and has to win by a wider margin.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's H2H.
And Sevilla won 1-0 against Lyon (after missing tons of chances). So Lyon has to win 2-0, 3-1, etc...
It's really like a traditionnal two leg game here. Lyon lost in Sevilla 1-0 and has to win by a wider margin.

If Lyon wins 1-0 the H2H stuff is all tied so it goes to full group tie breakers and I can't recall who has the advantage there. I think it might be Sevilla based on goals scored as a 1-0 Lyon win would equal group GD, so you'd be right, but I can't confirm that without looking at the group table again.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
UEFA is "stealing" the third goal from Marco Reus. It was an own goal they say. Okayyyy.:help:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Lyon wins 1-0 the H2H stuff is all tied so it goes to full group tie breakers and I can't recall who has the advantage there. I think it might be Sevilla based on goals scored as a 1-0 Lyon win would equal group GD, so you'd be right, but I can't confirm that without looking at the group table again.
IIRC, it's overal GD. So Sevilla would go through. Lyon has to beat them by more than 1, plan and simple.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
IIRC, it's overal GD. So Sevilla would go through. Lyon has to beat them by more than 1, plan and simple.

Yea I just double checked. A 1-0 Lyon win would result in the H2H being tied and the group overall GD being tied at 3, but Sevilla would move ahead on group goals for. So their 1 goal against Juve yesterday made the difference for them in that regard.

If Sevilla win or draw what is essentially the two leg match between the two teams they move on. If Lyon win (which requires a multi-goal win) then move on and Sevilla takes yet another Europa run.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No Di Maria?
No problem, Emery leaves Ben Arfa and Jese on the bench and starts Matuidi at LW. :facepalm:
Let's also remember Di Maria injured himself in a meaningless game last weekend because he plays EVERY GAME, regardless of the importance of the game, just like nearly every usual starter.
Emery never uses his bench and injuries will happen, no question.

Terrible management all around :facepalm:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Victim FC derby tonight should be good. As much as I'd like the assortment of loud, smelly Catalans roaming the streets today to go home unhappy I hate the other mob more. Double figures please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad