UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I believe it's typically allocated from 40-70% of all tickets, depending on the team and market. I'd imagine it's closer to the 70% marker.
Why would a team limit the number of season tickets? Absent holding back tickets for special purposes, wouldn't it make sense to sell everything on a season ticket basis if there's demand? That way you don't have to worry about selling the additional ones.

I'm sure ticket sales are going fine, but this is probably just a PR ploy to get folks to get on board. The Islanders would much rather have the bird in hand and 100% sell out at season ticket prices than risk selling tickets for a slightly higher price on a game by game basis.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why would a team limit the number of season tickets? Absent holding back tickets for special purposes, wouldn't it make sense to sell everything on a season ticket basis if there's demand? That way you don't have to worry about selling the additional ones.

I'm sure ticket sales are going fine, but this is probably just a PR ploy to get folks to get on board. The Islanders would much rather have the bird in hand and 100% sell out at season ticket prices than risk selling tickets for a slightly higher price on a game by game basis.

I wonder if it's to help increase the amount of unique fans that can go, helping to keep and expand the fan base.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
the branded rooftop terrace thing overlooking the race track should be cool. They have something like that in tampa called the Bud Light party deck.

Long gone are our coliseum beer gardens with a ground view of the stunning parking lot

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sorry I'm an idiot, I don't get what I'm looking at, are these season ticket holder special seats or something? I mean it looks comfy AF.
I'd like to think everyone will have a seat like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad