UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Man, this is going to be spectacular for all us Isle’s fans. Just an amazing arena. Got my Covid vaccine at Belmont on March 20th, so I got to see it up close. It is beautiful. I’ll miss the Coliseum, but I think our Arena will be the best in the NHL.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe, but they should add a lawn on the roof and huge metal fins to the exterior to make it a sure thing.

The building I work in has a green roof on part of it, it's a total nightmare. There are always issues with it.

So yes, do it.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
I'm in a LEED certified building and the amount of energy wasted to ensure we're LEED certified causes the whole thing to be counter-productive and probably a net negative. But hey, it sounds great on paper!
Our building is also LEED certified after its renovation a little over a decade ago, and one of the energy-saving measures apparently is to not have the HVAC system work half the time. Brilliant!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Absolutely.

I'm in a LEED certified building and the amount of energy wasted to ensure we're LEED certified causes the whole thing to be counter-productive and probably a net negative. But hey, it sounds great on paper!
Okay, how about cement, 500 hammocks and charge like it’s a tanning salon?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Our building is also LEED certified after its renovation a little over a decade ago, and one of the energy-saving measures apparently is to not have the HVAC system work half the time. Brilliant!

My building is almost 10 years old, it wasn't until last year sometime that they realized the heating vents underneath one section of the building wasn't connected properly. For 9 years they've been heating the crawl space accidentally. We were constantly told there was nothing wrong while the room was freezing this entire time.

Okay, how about cement, 500 hammocks and charge like it’s a tanning salon?

$20/hr for sun, I like it.

Reactions: nyisles

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
At my sons dek hockey game.

Really gunna miss Barclays

5E9794CD-2201-428D-9D4C-85AD88BC7A03.jpeg

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Lol. I thought I’ve watched my kids in some old barns with funny sight lines… but never seen chain link like that…

Was just a small section of the bleachers... I sat myself in the corner (baby wasn’t there) on purpose.

Reactions: JKP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad