UBS Arena: Lower the Roof

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I imagine it will be a higher end hotel. Something that caters to the high end clientele they intend to draw to the shopping village.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Hotel supposed to be ready for the arena opening?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Hotel supposed to be ready for the arena opening?
No. Arena and LIRR station first then the shopping village and hotel.

IIRC the hotel is supposed to be built nearer to the Plainfield Avenue gate.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Looking at the interior view, I am assuming that it just the camera angle and the fisheye lens they are using that makes it look this way, but where the stands will be at the N end of the rink looks to be not as deep as the S. That's not true though, is it? It's gonna be a symetrical bowl, right?

Last edited:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Looking at the interior view, I am assuming that it just the camera angle and the fisheye lens they are using that makes it look this way, but where the stands will be at the N end of the rink looks to be not as deep as the S. That's not true though, is it? It's gonna be a symetrical bowl, right?
I did notice in renderings that there was less seating at one end of the rink than the other. The bowl is symmetrical, but the seats just don't go up as high at one end. It actually is pretty smart factoring in concerts (less behind stage seating) and I'm sure the Isles will shoot 2x at the end of the rink with more seats.

Reactions: Uncle Duke

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
92135614-36F9-4388-BFB9-31962709E4E4.jpeg

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The Long Island Arena was an epic barn. From Frampton Comes Alive to Slapshot, to the Flea Market it holds some of Long Islands best history
and don't forget John Brophy and the LI Ducks.

The first professional hockey game I saw was in that barn and it was more of a "ice hockey game broke out during a fight" than the other way around.

Great memories!

Reactions: doublechili

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Billy Joel is a Long Island LEGEND. He should absolutely be the first concert there - unless you want to bring Peppi marchello back from the dead and have the good rats play!

of course, Dream theater is available :)
The first Peppi Marchello reference I've heard in 10 years! Well done!

Reactions: WagnerGrad96
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad