GDT: U18s - CAN/USA @ 7:30AM, RUS/SWE @ 11:30 AM

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Yup. I want either him or Krebs at 8 so badly.

The thing that I love about Krebs is that he knows where to go on the ice and he already knows where hes putting the puck when he gets it. There is no hesitation to his game. He just gets it.

What I love about caufield is how quickly he finds that open ice. Just a few steps and he puts himself in a scoring position. He's always ready for the shot and isnt afraid to shoot from anywhere.

Both kids are also fast and take the puck to the net. They were made for the new NHL.

Last edited:
Reactions: McFlyingV

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The thing that I love about Krebs is that he knows where to go on the ice and he already knows where hes putting the puck when he gets it. There is no hesitation to his game. He just gets it.

What I love about caufield is that he is somehow fast he how quickly he finds that open ice. Just a few steps and he puts himself in a scoring position. He's always ready for the shot and isnt afraid to shoot from anywhere.

Both kids are also fast and take the puck to the net. They were made for the new NHL.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. :)

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Damn Caufield, ridiculous. Honestly, him, Boldy or Krebs would be outstanding picks.
I prefer Krebs simply because I have a bias towards consistent players who excel at all ends of the ice but it's hard to ignore Caufield's goal scoring. Ryan O'Rielly or DeBrincat basically.

This is honestly the most fascinating draft that I can remember.

Reactions: KYams17

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Damn Caufield, ridiculous. Honestly, him, Boldy or Krebs would be outstanding picks.
I prefer Krebs simply because I have a bias towards consistent players who excel at all ends of the ice but it's hard to ignore Caufield's goal scoring. Ryan O'Rielly or DeBrincat basically.

This is honestly the most fascinating draft that I can remember.
I think unless Dach or Turcotte fall to 8, Caufield being up is a must grab. I also could see him as a guy who would want to play here. He would take one look at our centers and go "I'm a pure goal scorer who would be being fed by either McDavid, Draisaitl and RNH? I'm in"

Reactions: KYams17

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
I've warmed up to Caufield. I would be comfortable taking him at 8. He checks off all my boxes for a small player and a player I would draft. I'm Cole Caufield's newest fan!!

Reactions: McFlyingV

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This kid is putting up a generational performance in this tournament lol. I wonder if he goes top 5 now...

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
just doing a quick scouting report search, it sounds like his skating ranges from average to very good. Oddly enough, his birthdays are different between hockeydb and elite prospects and his height and weight is all over the place. cant wait to see all his info at the combine lol.

His skating has to be way above average to amazing for me to draft him. hopefully our scouts will be able to spot that

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
just doing a quick scouting report search, it sounds like his skating ranges from average to very good. Oddly enough, his birthdays are different between hockeydb and elite prospects and his height and weight is all over the place. cant wait to see all his info at the combine lol.

His skating has to be way above average to amazing for me to draft him. hopefully our scouts will be able to spot that
His birthdays are different? Maybe you're looking at Judd Caulfield, also a 2019 pick playing for the USNDTP.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
What is the record for points at U18? Caufield must be on pace to shatter it.

Looking at recent years Nylander's 16 points looks to be up there. Caufield's at 10 after 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad