GDT: U18s - CAN/USA @ 7:30AM, RUS/SWE @ 11:30 AM

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I thought this tournament would clarify who I wanted with your pick and really help seperate guys. Boy was I wrong. This draft is so wide open. I watch the game and I'm like:

Zegras nice pass
Krebs nice defensive play
Newhook such speed
Caufield what a goal
Boldy so underrated
Cozens undressed that guy

Yeah I'm happy with any of these guys.

Reactions: Aerchon and Faelko

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I thought this tournament would clarify who I wanted with your pick and really help seperate guys. Boy was I wrong. This draft is so wide open. I watch the game and I'm like:

Zegras nice pass
Krebs nice defensive play
Newhook such speed
Caufield what a goal
Boldy so underrated
Cozens undressed that guy

Yeah I'm happy with any of these guys.
I’m pretty much the same other than I wouldn’t pick Caufield and would pick Podkolzin with our pick but the the other guys I have such a hard time ranking. Hardest ones for me are Krebs vs Newhook and Turcotte vs Zegras every time I watch the Americans I always come out liking Zegras more but then I think about the numbers they put up and Turcotte is up by a significant margin.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I hope they don't pick Caufield. We already have a pint sized RW. Dont need another. And a big no to any Russian in the first round. We will f*** it up. Go the safe route please. Pick one of the centers. Reach for skill guys in round 3,4,5,6

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I hope they don't pick Caufield. We already have a pint sized RW. Dont need another. And a big no to any Russian in the first round. We will **** it up. Go the safe route please. Pick one of the centers. Reach for skill guys in round 3,4,5,6

I don't think people would typically respond well to this, but after JP - and to a lesser extent Yamamoto - are floundering you'd like to be sure you're getting a player that can help your top 6. I don't think Caufield will bust, but I do think the potential is there for him to not even remotely live up to expectations. Podkolzin just seems like a really dangerous pick to me, but I wouldn't apply that to the other Russians.

Crossing my fingers for Zegras.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
An absolutely stunning Goal by Podkolzin is under review. Puck goes in before he even runs into the goalie.

And it counts 2-1 Sweden.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Detroit scout Håkan Andersson ranked these five guys as the best ones in the tournament:

1. Jack Hughes
2. Yaroslav Askarov
3. Cole Caufield
4. Cam York
5. Peyton Krebs

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Detroit scout Håkan Andersson ranked these five guys as the best ones in the tournament:

1. Jack Hughes
2. Yaroslav Askarov
3. Cole Caufield
4. Cam York
5. Peyton Krebs
Krebs over Newhook? For me Holloway is the best prospect on the Canadian team.

North

Jun 25, 2009

1. Jack Hughes
2. Yaroslav Askarov
3. Cole Caufield
4. Cam York
5. Peyton Krebs

Oooh, maybe he convinces Yzerman to pick Caufield at Number 6.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think people would typically respond well to this, but after JP - and to a lesser extent Yamamoto - are floundering you'd like to be sure you're getting a player that can help your top 6. I don't think Caufield will bust, but I do think the potential is there for him to not even remotely live up to expectations. Podkolzin just seems like a really dangerous pick to me, but I wouldn't apply that to the other Russians.

Crossing my fingers for Zegras.
I don't have an issue with them picking Caufield, but if you want to go the safe route then the ideal draft for us would be this:

1. Hughes
2. Kakko
3. Byram
4. Cozens
5. Podkolzin
6. Dach
7. Caufield

Leaving us with Turcotte and Zegras to choose from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->