U18 World Championship General Discussion

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'm pretty sure Voracek will be tied up with the Halifax-Lewiston series. The earliest Halifax can be eliminated is the first day of the tournament, the 11th.

Another non '07-eligible player to look out for is Kirill Petrov. He's '08 eligible.

Last edited:

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
That's old stats. he's 5'10 170(177/77) now. He's very young and will grow,it's likely that he will be 5'11 as a pro. Not a giant, but ok hight.

Nope, the latest stats/info is that he is 175cm, 73 kg. Had you seen him play this spring, you would know this too. In fact, most people even doubt his 175 cm, hopefully that number is at least correct.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
smaller players are being drafted a lot higher than in the past.mark katic is on the small size for defensemen but he has all the tools to move on to the next level.not saying he will go high in the draft but he has drawn a lot of attention because of his style of play.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Nope, the latest stats/info is that he is 175cm, 73 kg. Had you seen him play this spring, you would know this too. In fact, most people even doubt his 175 cm, hopefully that number is at least correct.

OK, maybe he's 175. However I think he will grow to 180 at least.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Yann Sauvé will be a top 5 player drafted next year in 08. Sauvé was the leader of Team Québec last year during the U17or U16 tournament and i'm not surprised to see him making the team of Team Canada for this tournament.

i wish Jean-Simon Allard would have make the team too, i'm sure he's better than some ontarians or west players on the team, he'll be drafted in the 2nd round this year.

and why Ben Maxwell havent made the team? is he too old?

Canada beat Germany today with a 5 - 2 win in exhibition action. Scoring for Canada were Sauve, Stamkos(two underagers), Arniel, Torquato and Fortier. Holtby got the win in net. No goals yet for Turris. Head Coach Trent Yawney was particularly impressed with Yves Bastien and Olivier Fortier.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Even better i guess. Then he could be playing in the SEL before his 17 birthday. Thats gotta be a record if he gets there.
Motin played there, being a little older than Hedman wil be next season, so why not?

jay-P

Dec 21, 2005
Finland
Has anyone seen any sort of line up for Canada yet? Forward lines and defense pairings?

http://www.jatkoaika.com/maajoukkue.php?sivu=kolumnit&id=6146

Canada's rosters on 4/8 practice game against Sweden were like this. According to Trent Yawney, Colton Gillies didn't play as he was serving a suspension he got in the WHL.

Steven Stamkos - Zach Boychuk - Brandon Sutter
John Negrin - Drew Doughty

Kyle Turris - Jamie Arniel - Logan Couture
Mark Katic - Luke Schenn

Keven Veilleux - Angelo Esposito - Dion Knelsen
Yann Sauve - Eric Doyle

Zack Torquato - Olivier Fortier - Yves Bastien
Alex Grant

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Even better i guess. Then he could be playing in the SEL before his 17 birthday. Thats gotta be a record if he gets there.

Henrik Bjorklund(Farjestad) played 1 game for SEL team this year. He's late 1990 born, will turn 17 only in September.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
he can still be a god leader

I'm not sure if he's reached "god" status, but there's always hope. Anyway, I think Espo is enduring the same level of scrutiny that Phil Kessel did. Too much time in the limelight and every puss filled sore gets exposed. In the end, Espo has as much talent as anyone in draft. If can gain some consistency of effort he'll be a good player at the NHL level.

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure if he's reached "god" status, but there's always hope. Anyway, I think Espo is enduring the same level scrutiny that Phil Kessel did. Too much time in the limelight and every puss filled sore gets exposed. In the end, Espo has as much talent as anyone in draft. If can gain some consistency of effor he'll be a good player at the NHL level.

right now Esposito who I have seen play many times, reminds me of Daigle in Junior, gets by on speed and slick hands, he is a very good shooter with good accuracy and can pass the puck very very well, they guy has all the tools to be a star, but he is very weak on the puck, plays mostly a game where he sticks out of traffic, and will not sacrifice himself for the play, he will avoid bodies at all costs when I seen him, but for a god note, he does like the game unlike Daigle did, and he does seem to work, so he is a boom or bust prospect, im not denying his talent and I hope he proves me wrong as I would love to see a guy with this much skill succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00