U18 WJC Gold Medal GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

On a side note: Congrats to Sweden, beating Czechs for the Bronze.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Kessel = GOD

8 Goals, 7 Assists, 15 Points in 6 games. Hes also got 3 GWGs. :eek:

2nd place player in stats only has 3 Goals, 5 Assists.
Kessel also has 2x as many goals as the 2nd leading goal scorer.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Mueller isn't showing alot of discipline. I'd give him a slap upside the head when he gets back to the bench.

policegopher

May 10, 2004
Minnesota
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Kessel = GOD

8 Goals, 7 Assists, 15 Points in 6 games.

2nd place player in stats only has 3 Goals, 5 Assists.
Kessel also has 2x as many goals as the 2nd leading goal scorer.

Yes, to say the least I am very happy he chose to wear the treasured "M", and be a Gopher. Along with Stoa, and Frazee.

And Mueller in 2006. Thay are all going to be fun to watch to say the least.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nomorekids said:
don't expect the USA to get a lot of calls in a 4-1 game.

Just because USA is beating Canada 4-1, that doesnt mean Canada can do whatever they want, the Ref still needs to make the calls.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
policegopher said:
Yes, to say the least I am very happy he chose to wear the treasured "M", and be a Gopher. Along with Stoa, and Frazee.

And Mueller in 2006. Thay are all going to be fun to watch to say the least.

I cant wait for next NCAA season, im a big Michigan fan but i'm REALLY looking forward to cheering for the Gophers next season with Kessel on the team. :handclap:

chicpea*

That typifies our game all night. "Merceeer" should've had his ass kicked after that hit, but no one did anything.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Just because USA is beating Canada 4-1, that doesnt mean Canada can do whatever they want, the Ref still needs to make the calls.

this kind of thing is true even in the NHL. when a game is as far apart as this one is, the team that's winning won't get all the calls they should, whereas every penalty will be called against the winning team.

chicpea*

FLYLine4LIFE said:

Ya. For sure. They're calling the stretcher for Yellowhorn now. Class all the way.

chicpea*

policegopher said:
Yikes!! A 5 min penalty :cry: :shakehead

Oh no not a stretcher. Come on USA you are leading, no need for that.

More importantly - Yellowhorn is hurt.

chicpea*

policegopher said:
Im just listening to it (stupid ESPN). What kind of hit was it. From behind, charge. etc, etc????

Cross check at full speed from behind on the halfboards - three feet from the boards. The only way it could be worse is if it were in the corner. Merceeer should have his clock cleaned.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
policegopher said:
Im just listening to it (stupid ESPN). What kind of hit was it. From behind, charge. etc, etc????

He was coming to get the puck at an angle with the boards and the US player gave him a cross check in the back a few feet away from the boards. Hit it head first. Looks really bad.

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
Wow up 4-1 and slams him into the boards like that from behind and almost breaks the guys neck. I bet that won't be on CNN. Lets get some payback boys.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
syc said:
Wow up 4-1 and slams him into the boards like that from behind and almost breaks the guys neck. I bet that won't be on CNN. Lets get some payback boys.

It was a stupid dangerous play.

Getting "payback" is exactly what we *don't* need in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad