U18 WJC Gold Medal GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeymomma

Feb 12, 2005
Toronto
Dirty

That was the most disgusting wreckless stupid cheapshot I have ever witnessed...they should send a message on that one..wow - they should show that to young kids on what can happen when you don't have respect...

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Married to Hockey said:
That was the most disgusting wreckless stupid cheapshot I have ever witnessed...they should send a message on that one..wow - they should show that to young kids on what can happen when you don't have respect...

If that's the worst you've ever seen, you haven't seen much.

It was bad but that's an overeaction.

chicpea*

Congrats to USA. Especially Frazee - a great game by him - totally solid. And the D-corps was stand-up as well. The forwards were a bit nothing, but when you have Kessel, Gerbe and Mueller you don't need much.

p.s. empty net goal by Kessel. Celebration like that is uncalled for in this particular scenario.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
chicpea said:
Congrats to USA. Especially Frazee - a great game by him - totally solid. And the D-corps was stand-up as well. The forwards were a bit nothing, but when you have Kessel, Gerbe and Mueller you don't need much.

p.s. empty net goal by Kessel. Celebration like that is uncalled for in this particular scenario.
Hes a kid, hes excited. Plus im sure it was nothing compared to how the Russians acted in the elimination game vs the US last Dec.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Hes a kid, hes excited. Plus im sure it was nothing compared to how the Russians acted in the elimination game vs the US last Dec.

Who cares about the Russians? An empty net goal celebration is uncalled when your team is leading 4-1 in the late stages....... anyway, congrats to the US team, they were the better team, with Team Canada missing guys like Crosby, Brule, Staal, McQuaid, etc.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
FLYLine4LIFE said:
9 Goals, 7 Assists in 6 games for Kessel....what kind of #'s did Crosby put up last year??

He didn't play last year.

Ovechkin had 9 goals and 4 assists in 6 games in his last year of eligibility.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Great game by Team USA, this is an exceptionally good squad for this age group and was by far the best team at this tournament.

In some ways I *almost* wish there won't be an NHL next year so that we can see a full Canadian squad with Crosby, Brule, Staal, etc, go up against this team. Wow, what a game THAT would be.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Kessel = GOD

8 Goals, 7 Assists, 15 Points in 6 games. Hes also got 3 GWGs. :eek:

2nd place player in stats only has 3 Goals, 5 Assists.
Kessel also has 2x as many goals as the 2nd leading goal scorer.
Let's not get carried away. He ain't no Sidney Crosby.

chicpea*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Hes a kid, hes excited.

You don't get it. Congrats nonetheless.

I was hoping for a better game, but the US squad was just far more mature and balanced. They didn't even need a forecheck. Very opportunistic, and it paid off well.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Minnesota Norse Star said:
I think he played as a 16 year old. Might be wrong though.

I ckecked the IIHF website and couldn't find anything. He played on the U20 team as a 16 year old though.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Minnesota Norse Star said:
I think he played as a 16 year old. Might be wrong though.

He played at the U18 World Cup two Augusts ago with Canada's '86s. He lead the team in scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad