U18 WJC Gold Medal GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

E = CH² said:
The US PP is so much fun to watch.

For sure - it's great.

This kind of game kills me. We're losing on special teams. It's like we have no one who can just step up a notch 5on5

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I should apologize. In another thread I said there was no chance Canada would get 45 shots. I think I'm going to be wrong! :eek:

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
That play Bourdon just made on Kessel is what the NHL needs to get rid of. It's what's killing the game and taking away all the skill and excitement.

chicpea*

Spitfire11 said:
That play Bourdon just made on Kessel is what the NHL needs to get rid of. It's what's killing the game and taking away all the skill and excitement.

I think that was Parent, not Bourdon.

CH Wizard

Spitfire11 said:

I think, it was Parent.After, Bourdon wanted to injure Skille and like jumped on him but he missed Skille.That would have been dirty hit.

Again, we just can't put the puck in the net.The us defence is playing better then I expected.I really think, Usa is gonna win this one.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
Canada is vastly outplaying the US. But the US has the two best players by far -- Frazee and Kessel. The US will win the game I think, unless Canada somehow gets a fluke goal off a rebound or deflection.

The US has been disappointingly passive. I haven't really been impressed with many of their players. But Kessel is veru good. He reminds me of Amonte with more creativity.

Some of Canada's players have been disappointing. Parent has been ordinary, and he was sleeping on the second goal. Latendresse is frustrating to watch. I would be hesitant about taking him in the top 10.

Anyway, entertaining game so far.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Rabid Ranger said:
I should apologize. In another thread I said there was no chance Canada would get 45 shots. I think I'm going to be wrong! :eek:

The shots have been deceptive. Lots of long, meaningless shots.

I was shocked when they put up those numbers, the chances have been pretty even.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
PecaFan said:
The shots have been deceptive. Lots of long, meaningless shots.

I was shocked when they put up those numbers, the chances have been pretty even.

Thanks for info. I can't really tell since I'm listening to the game rather than watching it.... :cry:

chicpea*

We should be up. We're outplaying them, outshooting them...but they seem more mature and steady. We need a lucky break. But I still have hope. Let's go Pyatt!

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
davedave said:
Canada is vastly outplaying the US. But the US has the two best players by far -- Frazee and Kessel. The US will win the game I think, unless Canada somehow gets a fluke goal off a rebound or deflection.

The US has been disappointingly passive. I haven't really been impressed with many of their players. But Kessel is veru good. He reminds me of Amonte with more creativity.

Some of Canada's players have been disappointing. Parent has been ordinary, and he was sleeping on the second goal. Latendresse is frustrating to watch. I would be hesitant about taking him in the top 10.

Anyway, entertaining game so far.

Yeah even the U.S. radio broadcasters called it a great period....for Canada but they just couldn't cash in on their opportunities.

This of course is where the U.S. cohesiveness takes over. You have to remember that Canada had only one practice before heading to Europe and I would suspect that they really haven't had the time to work all that much on special teams play.... and that is what is costing them this game.

chicpea*

davedave said:
The US has been disappointingly passive.

I know - I was surprised when they decided to only send one man in on the forecheck. Too bad, it would've been an even better game.

davedave said:
I haven't really been impressed with many of their players.

I agree - Kessel, obviously, but Mueller strikes me as almost as good.

davedave said:
Parent has been ordinary,
All tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad