U18 WJC Gold Medal GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Letang impresses me with his ability to get the puck on net (with force) from the point - no matter the situation. Impressive

chicpea*

okay:
1: TSN - sort your ****ing feed out! we don't want a repeat of 94 [?]

2: on a 3 on 1 - make sure you get a shot off.

3: Lawrence 2-1 USA on the pp

Macman

May 15, 2004
2-1 U.S. after a boneheaded penalty by Bertram. Lawrence goal, Kessel assist.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
chicpea said:
I've said it before, I'll say it again - Letang impresses me with his ability to get the puck on net (with force) from the point - no matter the situation. Impressive

Central Scouting Service has him as the 127 NA skater in their Jan mid-term rankings.

He'll rocket up this list after his showing in this tourny. He's impressed me as well.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/naskaters.pdf

chicpea*

bossy22 said:
Great move when it works but you have zero chance if you miss the puck. Kessel made no mistake

Totally. Usually, goalie coaches ween you off that by Bantam. It's far too high-risk.

Macman

May 15, 2004
2-1 U.S after one. Excellent period. I thought Canada carried the play and had the better chances, but Kessel is the difference. He's head and shoulders above anybody else on the ice.

chicpea*

Macman said:
2-1 U.S after one. Excellent period. I thought Canada carried the play and had the better chances, but Kessel is the difference. He's head and shoulders above anybody else on the ice.

- I agree we carried the play all period - but the US seems to have a consistency between all lines that we lack - more of a system maybe.

- Our forecheck is not dominating as it should be - but they don't seem to even have one - which is weird :dunno:

- Our pp seems anaemic: not so much the D, so much as the cycle. It's telling that the US D is far bigger and stronger down low than our previous competition.

- We're only one goal out, and Frazee is a mystery - we could get a fluke and be back in this.

- Also, we need shorter shifts - especially if we're trying to match Kessel, who just dominates.

Let's Go!

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
The price of a pokecheck attempt on Phil Kessel is a goal. Anything but a pokecheck,please! Kessel looks like a sure thing in the 2006 draft. But,today...Canada can shut him down...by rolling the lines over and not isolating any one player on him.

CH Wizard

Macman said:

Agreed, his speed is killing the big canadian d's.The canadian defence didn't play all that well.They must stop being intimated by the Us forwards.They had a lot of scoring chances but they were so unlucky.Good overall period by Usa.The key for the canadian is to make some traffic in front of Frazee and neutralize the forwards of the opposite team (that's what they didn't do in the first).

Macman

May 15, 2004
Shots 22-7 for Canada in the first. Price has got to start making some saves.

chicpea*

E = CH² said:
Parent is goddamn awful with the puck.

I agree - he's far better off with his positioning. There have been a few questionable decisions with him on the pp this tourney. He either waits too long or or fails to see the open man some time.

Frazee: nice save on Setoguchi!

Macman

May 15, 2004
If Canada keeps playing like this and keeps Kessel off the board the rest of the way (no small feat), they will win.

chicpea*

Good PK Canada!

The Reffing has been good so far.

We need to keep rolling the lines and we'll win. They have one line only it would seem. With a bit of luck we can do this

Macman

May 15, 2004
I'm very surprised by how passively the U.S. is playing. They're not forechecking at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad