U.S. National Team Part VII

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Yikes...

The argument can be made and isn't a fully unreasonable one that it is unsustainable for the USA to continue to rely on the courting of dual nationals. There's less of a focus on the pure domestic development of players when you depend on the recruitment of eligible players from other countries. That argument can be made.

Wambach's argument, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be that argument. Specifically, questioning their commitment to the team simply on the basis of dual nationality reeks to me. "Do they have that killer instinct? I don't know." is the worst one for me. There's something really infuriating about that to me, just in the way that it is so casually xenophobic.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
The thing is, someone like Pulisic/Miazga are technically dual nationals.

Almost everyone in the US system is a dual national...I think Gedion was/is a tri-national?

I also don't see how relying on the Germans to fill holes leads to the US focusing less on development. I think you always try to develop the best you can, then if a player falls in your lap, you atleast take a look. (Jones/Brooks types).

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The thing is, someone like Pulisic/Miazga are technically dual nationals.
She specified born in the states, and Pulisic and Miazga were both born in the states. Now, both grew up in the states, but I don't see the problem of someone being born even "over international waters" if you accidently caught them on a trip or something.

There are the purists and there are those who accept binationals. Keeping the competition in view however, a lot of other nations around the US' caliber have little qualms about binationals so being too picky about that could be an eventual disadvantage.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
She wants JK fired?

Was she calling for Sundhage to be fired while coaching the USWNT to back to back gold medals?

If she was, good on her, if she wasnt, she sounds like a hypocrite.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Roster for the MEX and CRC matches

CwnKizEWgAAfsFi.jpg:large

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Do my eyes deceive me or is Wondo not called up? Is Klinnsman feeling alright?

And why bring 4 goalies?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
ESPNFC mentioned the US should maybe cap-tie Carter Vickers if the score is extremely opportunistic or extremely unfortunate. I think the US absolutely needs to cap-tie him, regardless of score. The US is in a sort of transition phase right now, and it's important to wrap up talent for the future.

Sep 19, 2008
In theory this would be a good game to head to the ao bar but most of them are in Columbus anyway so I'll sit this one out at home.

Sep 19, 2008
Turns out Geoff Cameron is a drooling imbecile. Huh.

Men in Blazers 11/07/16: Jurgen Klinsmann Pod Special
Men In Blazers
Duration: 29:10
Published: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 15:19:00 +0000
URL: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/stream/291918188-meninblazers-11072016jurgenklinsmann.mp3

Ahead Friday's seismic clash against Mexico to open up the Hex, Rog sat down with USMNT manager Jurgen Klinsmann to discuss the big picture state of U.S. Soccer, the transition between the old guard a...

Subscribe to this podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MenInBlazers

----
Sent from Podcast Republic 2.9.6
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Im so pumped. A little nervous about 3 in the back but I think it fits our player pool.

Also looking forward to the American Outlaws singing "This Lan is Your Land" to the Mexico supporters. I think thats a nice gesture

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad